What's new
Awesome SmokeMonster. I've updated the first page with your link as well. Thanks

Silver, keep private messages in the private message section please. It's not the topic of this thread if your package arrived or not. You will get your thing whatever it takes. :)

Silver, keep private messages in the private message section please. It's not the topic of this thread if your package arrived or not. You will get your thing whatever it takes. :)
i wasnt aware this was suposed to be in PM, i started the request here so continued it here. ill pm you next time if thats what you want

i wasnt aware this was suposed to be in PM, i started the request here so continued it here. ill pm you next time if thats what you want
Yes please. So people can read what they are looking for in this thread which is information about the kit.

Are the Avalaunch Decrypted ROM Pack - 31/05/2015 and the 2 intermediate updates on the first page still the lastest ROM packs?

Thanks

Shawzie

Are the Avalaunch Decrypted ROM Pack - 31/05/2015 and the 2 intermediate updates on the first page still the lastest ROM packs?

Thanks

Shawzie
I was just about to ask the same as I want to rebuild my SD card with the names files provided.

I notice a lot of other games in the threads but what can be considered official?

tnx!

I'd ask Team Avalaunch directly. They are the source of this.

Any chance we could get a monthly rollup of these rom changes?

Also, wasn't there a dimahoo rom with the extra ships already unlocked?
We have opened a new sticky in this sub forum. All the new game releases will be first announced there:

New Multi Kit Game Releases

Just poster Street Fighter Alpha 3!
Thanks to Team Avalaunch!

Everyone should have either received their CPS2 Multi or received a message with information about their shipping and/or tracking number.

If you haven't please LET US KNOW.

Is there a(n easy) way to tell if a multiboard has been updated to the auto-reset firmware or not? Alternatively, is it safe to wire up the auto reset on the older firmware and just see if it works anyway?

IIRC even trying to read the firmware was protected so probably can't even tell like that.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate thread for this, feel free to split it to a new thread (or I can).

Basically if your kit came with pin stabilizers then you have the latest version of the firmware.

Hi

I got my multikit some days ago, installed it and it works fine, however I am a little confused with the way it works:

- Should high scores be saved somewhere for each game? the microsd maybe? or are they lost on poweroff/game change?
- Should game settings (free play, for instance) be saved somewhere for each game? or are they lost on poweroff/game change?
- Should I have received the autoreset cable with the kit? if not, where can I get such cable? my board does have the CN9 connector.

Thanks!!

Hi

I got my multikit some days ago, installed it and it works fine, however I am a little confused with the way it works:

- Should high scores be saved somewhere for each game? the microsd maybe? or are they lost on poweroff/game change?
- Should game settings (free play, for instance) be saved somewhere for each game? or are they lost on poweroff/game change?
- Should I have received the autoreset cable with the kit? if not, where can I get such cable? my board does have the CN9 connector.

Thanks!!
---The kit does not save high scores. (most games don't save high scores anyways after power down) It acts like a regular B-board. Once you change the game it acts like you swapped the B-board to a new game. Saving scores for every game was never a goal of this kit.

---Settings are seved on the A-board. Once you change the game settings are lost.

---You have to solder a reset cable yourself. These are pictures in the first post of this thread.

Now that I got my multikit to work, all thanks go to Tetsuosan, I've been wanting a very small hack out of all of this. This is a very unusual request but, I'm looking for a way to get Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge on Freeplay. I am looking to do this mainly so that I can have my legit battery backed B board to enjoy Freeplay settings.

The Phoenix version of this very game, when set to original mode, let you set Freeplay. If you changed the board to the legitimate version of the game, it still would keep the settings of the game in the A board (shoutouts to Mikeidge for discovering this nice trait.)

This is very beneficial, as lots of tournaments use this version of the game, and owners of cabinets are picky about who touches their hardware. Can a special version be made just for this purpose? Should I post this as a request of some sort in a separate thread?

Now that I got my multikit to work, all thanks go to Tetsuosan, I've been wanting a very small hack out of all of this. This is a very unusual request but, I'm looking for a way to get Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge on Freeplay. I am looking to do this mainly so that I can have my legit battery backed B board to enjoy Freeplay settings.

The Phoenix version of this very game, when set to original mode, let you set Freeplay. If you changed the board to the legitimate version of the game, it still would keep the settings of the game in the A board (shoutouts to Mikeidge for discovering this nice trait.)

This is very beneficial, as lots of tournaments use this version of the game, and owners of cabinets are picky about who touches their hardware. Can a special version be made just for this purpose? Should I post this as a request of some sort in a separate thread?
IDC at TeamAvalaunch already made a freeplay hack for SF2X.

You can find it at http://ikotsu.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/ssf2x-conversion-capcom-1994.html

Someone just needs to convert 04-jap_prog-freeplay_hack.bin to the CPS2 multi format and you should be good to go.

I really need two things to finish my installation:

1.) Where does the reset capable connect to on the adapter board? (I'm not talking about B21 or CN9's pin 4). I'm asking about the solder blob connection on the adapter board that appears to be mentioned but not referenced in the picture. I think an overhead picture of your adapter board, next to the SD card slot would be very helpful).

2.) Like TechnicalMonkey said, can someone post a screenshot of the folder structure of a working SD card? (I won't ask for a video of menu-selection and auto-restart, but ...why not?) :/

OK... Now a tutorial on how to edit this for the multi kit, and we are good to go... Any one care to chime in?
Concatenate the prog roms (03 to 09 in this instance), then pad the "missing" 10 rom with FFs so your file ends up at 4096kb).

Edit, here's a ready to go xdelta that you can apply against the sfx.02 file from ssf2xjdi.
https://mega.nz/#!sUcjCRza!nQTa7ceSbl527bczpGuJ85yhOM-pfstyCBH9oLs_1w0

Here's how the modified sfx.02 was made:

Code:
$ cat sfxjdi.03c 04-jap_prog-freeplay_hack.bin sfxjdi.05 sfxjdi.06a sfxjdi.07 sfxjdi.08 sfx.09 null.0x > sf2x.02
null.0x is just a 512kb dummy file filled with FFs (8000 hex blocks)

again, props to idc for making a freeplay enabled version of this game.

Last edited:
Back