What's new
So you didn't actually talk to a human there? You may receive an order cancellation then. There are no manufacturers besides one in China still making CRT tubes so it would definitely be NOS if they do have some. If you actually receive a tube please let us know. I'm sorry to say based on other's experiences I don't have great hope for you right now.

I hope I am wrong however.
Thanks Mitsurugi-w. I'll let you know. The only reason why I am still thinking positively is that their stock is constantly changing, and tubes that one day say "in stock" change to "out of stock" the next and vice-versa. (The tube I bought was previously indicated as "Out of stock" back in November when I was first looking for a tube). So it appears as if the site is not dead. There is still a need for CRT Tubes for various medical and military applications where an LCD/LED type screen just won't work, so there is hope. :)

Hi there !

Is there a link to download the Cps 2 Multi kit sticker ?
Specialy the one with the Cps 2 games list...

Thanks !

So you didn't actually talk to a human there? You may receive an order cancellation then. There are no manufacturers besides one in China still making CRT tubes so it would definitely be NOS if they do have some. If you actually receive a tube please let us know. I'm sorry to say based on other's experiences I don't have great hope for you right now.

I hope I am wrong however.
Just a quick update here. I haven't had the chance to call them as of yet, but I also have not received a cancellation notice. Doing further research on the company, I see that they are indeed a licensed CRT Manufacturer here in the US. They are also a licensed distributor with multiple partnerships with various Asian manufacturers. They are not a "corporate orders only" site. That is, they'll sell to anybody who will pay. If the CRT that is ordered is not one that they currently have shipments of from the Asian manufacturers, they are capable of producing CRTs in their Georgia facility. This can take two weeks to complete.

I think I'll call them tomorrow to verify that everything is all set. If so, then it looks like us arcade enthusiasts might still have a resource for CRTs for our cabs.

In the meantime, I went and modified the fan in my A-Board by installing a 50 Ohm, 10 Watt resistor in line with the fan. That brings the 12 V down to around 5 V and greatly quiets the fan while still giving good airflow.

God I hope the CRT arrives safely and soon. :)

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!! I called up Video Display Corporation, and they confirmed for me that yes, they do sell CRT tubes and have thousands upon thousands in stock. The reason I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet is that they need to check their inventory to be certain that they have the tube I ordered. I will get the confirmation tomorrow. The very kind lady on the phone said that if they don't have that specific tube, they can find something for me. I mentioned that there are a lot of arcade enthusiasts who are constantly looking for tubes, and she said "send them here!" :)

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!! I called up Video Display Corporation, and they confirmed for me that yes, they do sell CRT tubes and have thousands upon thousands in stock. The reason I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet is that they need to check their inventory to be certain that they have the tube I ordered. I will get the confirmation tomorrow. The very kind lady on the phone said that if they don't have that specific tube, they can find something for me. I mentioned that there are a lot of arcade enthusiasts who are constantly looking for tubes, and she said "send them here!" :)
Good to know. Thanks for info.

Will do. I was supposed to get a call back this morning from the lady I spoke with yesterday, but she said that the person who I needed to speak with was away on business, so i didn't freak out that i didn't get a call today. Tomorrow, when I get a free moment from work, I'll give them a ring again. I've already paid for it, and purchased a tube that they said was "in stock", and I did notice that what they call "in stock" and "out of stock" does seem to change so they have an active inventory.

She said that they need to check inventory to be certain that the site was correct. I'm crossing my fingers, because the monitor is the only thing keeping me from playing with my multi-kit. (I don't want to assemble it until I can test it out immediately. :))

Well, bad news guys. They got back to me this morning and said that unfortunately their website was incorrect and they did not have any 25" tubes in stock. My payment is being refunded.

I'm now thinking that I might have to completely scrap this entire arcade project as nobody in the world is willing to ship any type of monitor, and nobody anywhere remotely close to me sells any monitors tubes. i'll let you guys know if/when I decide to sell my multi-soft kit since without a monitor, it's 100% useless to me.

Damn. That sucks dude. While its not perfect you could still swap a 25" TV tube in there and buy a replacement monitor chassis. I'm pretty sure they still sell those.

You can make it work one way or another even if you need to replace the display with a newer system.

Would it be possible to install some round port connector in the "register"-optional hole and connect the lcd through some cable and stuff there? think that would be some cool option.

Damn. That sucks dude. While its not perfect you could still swap a 25" TV tube in there and buy a replacement monitor chassis. I'm pretty sure they still sell those.

You can make it work one way or another even if you need to replace the display with a newer system.
Well if i had easy access to a 25" TV, i'd do that. In fact, the tube that died came from a TV. i bought a chassis/frame from folks on KLOV, and got VERY lucky to find a 25" TV on Craigslist. I then went and merged the tube and the chassis and had a great monitor for a little while. it took me quite a few months to find that TV. I figure shipping a TV would be easier than a tube, but then you have to hope that the TV you get has a compatible yoke. I guess this is the frustration of working on obsolete technology. Unless you live close to others in the same hobby, you're SOL when things go wrong.

Pardon me while I wipe the tears out of my eyes.

Well if i had easy access to a 25" TV, i'd do that. In fact, the tube that died came from a TV. i bought a chassis/frame from folks on KLOV, and got VERY lucky to find a 25" TV on Craigslist. I then went and merged the tube and the chassis and had a great monitor for a little while. it took me quite a few months to find that TV. I figure shipping a TV would be easier than a tube, but then you have to hope that the TV you get has a compatible yoke. I guess this is the frustration of working on obsolete technology. Unless you live close to others in the same hobby, you're SOL when things go wrong.
Pardon me while I wipe the tears out of my eyes.
Dude, there's a huge collector community in New England including CT.

Look up NEACF (new england arcade collectors forum). I used to live in CT, there's plenty of arcade stuff floating around the area. Just hold out for a used monitor, or a cheap cab with a working monitor on craigslist or forums.

Thanks for the info. I had never heard of them before. i'll go and take a look. Over at KLOV, someone told me about freecycle.org. I signed up there and found someone giving away a 25" RCA TV. (Now they didn't say if it was a CRT, but the model number seems to indicate that it is). If that deal turns out poorly, i'll try to find one through NEACF.

God, I wish there was a site that had all this information for us rookies. :)

You could always hunt around for a cheap cab that isn't working and tear the monitor out. Goodwill/Salvation Army are always great places to find tube TV's. There are a fair few guys on KLOV that'll ship you an arcade monitor, eBay as well 9 times out of 10. It's just really cost prohibitive...

You could always hunt around for a cheap cab that isn't working and tear the monitor out. Goodwill/Salvation Army are always great places to find tube TV's. There are a fair few guys on KLOV that'll ship you an arcade monitor, eBay as well 9 times out of 10. It's just really cost prohibitive...
Thanks. Just hit up the local Goodwill store. Nothing there. Though at least I now smell like a retirement home. Haha. :)

Update: Over in KLOV, someone told me about groups.freecycle.org. Signed up, and within about five minutes i found someone giving away a 25" RCA TV. Got in touch with them and I'm heading out to pick it up tonight.

Darksoft/Mitsirugi-w : Sorry to have put so many useless posts in here about my monitor troubles. Please feel free to remove the posts to tidy up this thread if you'd like.

Last edited:
AWESOME! That's all I have to say about this multi-kit. Abso-freaking-lutely awesome. I got mine installed just a short while ago, and only had a very small issue during installation. My dead B-Board was a Super Street Fighter 2, Revision 4 board. Between chips 16 and 20 on the b-board, there is an electrolytic capacitor there. When installing the main Darksoft board, the plastic support piece for the pins was interfering with the ability of the pins to go all the way in because of the capacitor. i thought they were all in, but when I powered up the board all I got was a black screen.

Knowing that was a sign of poor connections, I took off the multi-kit and clipped off the plastic piece that was extruding through the bottom. Re-installed it, and this time everything is working perfectly fine.

So anybody else who is installing this, look and make sure you don't have random capacitors on the board that will get in the way of the pins.

You can usually just push the cap off to the side. I take it the monitor was installed already?

You can usually just push the cap off to the side. I take it the monitor was installed already?
Yup. Got it last night. The tube is an A63ADT10X05-1. The tube has the yoke epoxied onto the neck, and both static and dynamic convergence are 100%. Or at least, as close as my own eyes can see. I just need to get a different width cap for the chassis since it does not expand fully across the tube despite width coil adjustments.

But the Multi-Kit is so much fun. i'm loving this right now.

Ok so the following link will open you directly to the root of my working SD card...

SD Card Image

As for all the games (and hacks etc) you'll notice it's not (yet) complete.
This is my personal SD, so right now it's only the games I really care about playing.
A bit of a necro bump here, my apologies, but I am curious as to what the "NOW_PLAY" file is in your games directory jass? Is this file essential to games loading correctly as I do not have it when I unrar the package.

Back