What's new
someone know a good method to cut the supporting legs of the lid please?

I did it with a Dremel tool

550x227.jpg

I just use some sharp cutters. Just be careful not to apply too much pressure or yank it off, it will leave a hole!

^ I use the same ones. Cheap and sharp.

First post on these forums, so sorry if it's a stupid question :) I've had my kit sitting for a while now, and finally got to trying to assemble it. Trying to cut the plastig leg created a crater :x bbut luckily not through the plastic completely. I now only have the soldering part left of they key writer cables, and I've heard that people make the pads lift off by applying too much heat. What is the appropriate temperature to set on the soldering iron for these spots? I think mine defaults to 350 degrees celcius, not sure if that is what people have been stating is too hot or not.

That's fine. Use flux and melt the solder onto the pad, don't heat the pad to melt the solder.

That's fine. Use flux and melt the solder onto the pad, don't heat the pad to melt the solder.
I don't have separate flux unfortunately, it had ended at the store (was looking for a flux pen). I have a solder with a flux core though.

So I should not heat the pad and melt the solder on the pad?

I thought I had to do that, then after the solder is on the pad already then heat it up again to put the wire in place.
350c is ok but only hold it on the pad for like 1 or 2 seconds. Then do not pull on the wire at all until it completely cools.
Would it be better to lower the temp?

Thank you both for your input.

I use 300-350C and it's fine. Timing is more important.

If you are not 100% confident can I please suggest you ask someone who has done it before to do it for you

It is very easy to destroy the pads and very difficult to repair the kit if you damage them

I use 300-350C and it's fine. Timing is more important.

If you are not 100% confident can I please suggest you ask someone who has done it before to do it for you

It is very easy to destroy the pads and very difficult to repair the kit if you damage them
I am not a 100% confident, but I don't have anyone near me who has done it before as well.

So I am hoping I won't screw up :x

I'm positive we have Swedish members here who could help.

@bytestorm is in Sweden
@PascalP is in the Netherlands
@nassekova is in Finland

One of these guys may be able to help or know someone who can?
I haven't done this mod before so can't really give any pointers. @stt1 and I ordered CPS2 boards form @ArcSys101 but I think they are still stuck in Philippine mail... @stt1 will be doing the installation for both of us then.

I'm positive we have Swedish members here who could help.

@bytestorm is in Sweden
@PascalP is in the Netherlands
@nassekova is in Finland

One of these guys may be able to help or know someone who can?
Bytestorm I actually know of :D He's a great guy. But I managed to get it working. One thing though, why does the manual not state that there are easier points in the wholes next to data and clock point? Those should be preferred over the ones stated in the actual manual no?

Because not all 4 are connected to the JTAG connector - that's why the pads are there

Because not all 4 are connected to the JTAG connector - that's why the pads are there
No but having better points for 2/4 is still better than 0/4 I thought :) Less chance that a solder in the hole would go loose.

Anyways, I'm glad that it is working :) Really happy with the kit

You probably already finished, but in case anyone else needs some ideas, I used a soldering iron and it cut through the plastic leg like butter. I taped thick paper all around the area before I began, to make sure the soldering iron didn't mark up any other areas. Make sure you have a fan handy to blow away the plastic fumes.

EDIT: Unrelated, but in case anyone could use this info: I used a SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC, Class 10 in my Darksoft CPS2 multikit and it has been working just fine.

Last edited:
Got an issue I can't figure out. Everything installed and the system runs games just fine. However, while the remote does allow me to cycle and select games blind, the screen is always blank. Strange thing is that it worked for quite some time. I have multiple kits so I tried a different remote and the same thing happen! Can't figure out what's going on

Back