What's new
I use this sd card:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B073K14CVB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

is it good?

I used Sandisk Ultra, Samsung Evo and Kingston all with succes.
Formatted with biggest cluster size
Thx I will re format like this.

Sandisk 16 Gb Class 10 - no problems ! Hey ... @nonosto, what romset did you used on your card ? It's that full CPS2 encrypted rom set ? CPS2 Customized.jpeg
I tried with the rom set from the first page about this topic:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...roll-up-packs-all-roms-for-the-cps2-kit.1102/

I like how to you paint your CPS2. How to do that and what's paint could you advice me please?

I formatted with bigger cluster...and I have always a dark purple screen...

From @xodaraPs excellent troubleshooting guide (@Darksoft, @Mitsurugi-w, why is this not stickied? While you're at it, maybe unstick some of the other older, now mostly irrelevant threads):

The Definitive Guide to Fixing Your CPS2 Multi Kit

I have a solid colour screen (blue, green etc)
Your kit is attempting to run encrypted code on a suicided board or is
not able to read all main program ROMs. Check the following:

- EXC5 may need to be temporarily shorted to remove keys that have not been flushed
- Jumpers not set correctly
- Broken pins on multi kit
- Interconnect board not installed the correct way
- Key writing wires are not installed correctly
- Correct firmware has not been installed onto multi kit
- Correct ROM pack is not installed on the SD card
- SD card is bad
- Mac only: You have not run dot_clean to remove the indexing files
MacOS creates on all storage devices (this is done by running the
following command in a Terminal: dot_clean /Volumes/SDCardnamehere )

@nonosto first try without the key writing cables plugged and use the Phoenix romsets. In this way you can see if the problem is coming from there or somewhere else. Blue screen means problem with Program roms.

Your key writing wires are installed backwards, turn the connector on CN9 around the other way :)

This is the correct configuration:
Pad #2 of Multi kit to Pin 2 of CN9
Pad #4 of Multi kit to Pin 3 of CN9
Pad #1 of Multi kit to Pin 4 of CN9
Pad #3 of Multi kit to Pin 5 of CN9

Yours are connected as 3142

Your key writing wires are installed backwards, turn the connector on CN9 around the other way :)

This is the correct configuration:
Pad #2 of Multi kit to Pin 2 of CN9
Pad #4 of Multi kit to Pin 3 of CN9
Pad #1 of Multi kit to Pin 4 of CN9
Pad #3 of Multi kit to Pin 5 of CN9

Yours are connected as 3142
I try to resold it.

@nonosto first try without the key writing cables plugged and use the Phoenix romsets. In this way you can see if the problem is coming from there or somewhere else. Blue screen means problem with Program roms.
where can I found romset phoenix for test?

I am afraid about to firmware corrupt...

No need to resolder, just turn the connector around on the CN9 pins

I would not suggest resoldering as it puts additional stress on the pads and risks destroying one or more

So when I turn the connector color screen. I move the board and reconnect it...now with tne connector in default position I have this screen (one screen per games):

img_2084.jpg

img_2081.jpg

img_2080.jpg

img_2083.jpg

during the flash (moving screen):

img_2082.jpg

Which connector have you moved? That's completely different.... All you needed to do was turn CN9 around so the pins were the exact reverse of what they were

Did you turn the interconnect board around instead?

Do you have someone nearby who can help you with this? I'm worried this is getting lost in translation and something is going to get damaged

You shouldn't be moving any boards at all, just that one connector. That picture looks like you've reversed the interconnect or that A and B aren't making good contact

THX

I just inverse this connectorv (key writing):

img_2078.jpg

with reverse fix color screen, when I back it in picture position I have screen with moving issue.
I just unplug and re plug A & B board.

You will get a garbled screen while a game and key are being written to the multi, after which it should reset and boot the game

The key writing wires are correct which is why it's doing more than it was before. Reseat A and B and make sure that the key writing wire pads aren't bridged to anything (there are some small components right next to a couple of the pads and this is a common issue)

It's still not reading main program properly. But it's now not due to the key writing wires. Do you have someone who can help you test it on another board in case the B board is bad?

But it's now not due to the key writing wires. Do you have someone who can help you test it on another board in case the B board is bad?
the tech who mount/sold key wrting wire. I will give him when will back to holiday.

That sounds like a good idea. Can you take a more detailed photo of the key writing wires and pads so we can try to see if there's an obvious bridge?

Back