What's new
Also... if the key writing are soldered corectlly , you can short the EXC5 - i did this way and after that everything start properly.

Does the multi work with any region A and B boards?

I have got an offer for Asian version boards at the moment (B board has been already Phoenixed)... Just wondering if there are any limitations.

Took a look on the installing instructions already, but didn't spot any comment about regions, only instructions about PAL F etc. and the version of board...

It works with all versions of A and B board. You just need to make sure that the A and B versions that you have match each other mechanically and the connectors are the same.

Otherwise you won't be able to put them together, but that applies not only to the multi but to any game. A and B must mechanically match.

Ok, they are sold as sets (working ones), so they match mechanically. Also I got pics already where the boards were installed together. However, they are without plastic covers.

As talking about mechanical match - are the plastic covers actually different by their shape as well? I know that the plastic colors are different. At the moment I have black A-board (Europe) plastics and green B-board plastics (Japan). Would these plastics fit without modifications to any other region versions?

Ok, they are sold as sets (working ones), so they match mechanically. Also I got pics already where the boards were installed together. However, they are without plastic covers.

As talking about mechanical match - are the plastic covers actually different by their shape as well? I know that the plastic colors are different. At the moment I have black A-board (Europe) plastics and green B-board plastics (Japan). Would these plastics fit without modifications to any other region versions?
There's a small modification required to install the multi board in any plastic case, but it's not different for different regions.

There's a small modification required to install the multi board in any plastic case, but it's not different for different regions.
That will be no problem, just worried if the complete connector setup is differently located or something else...

I need some help getting my kit going. All I am getting is a black screen. I am using an X-Men COTA revision 4 board with the multi kit. I already installed a G Pal and wire from CN5 position 13 to leg 9 on the G Pal chip. I also changed my jumpers (and verified with multimeter) per the video. I tried removing and reseating the multi kit several times. On the second reseat, I was getting a "RAM ERROR" on the games. Reseated it again, double checked my work and I get the black screen again. This is my second kit and my first one works fine so I do not know what is happening here.

Sounds like a bad donor board. Was it working prior to installing the kit or did you buy one not working?

I tried another board, revision 6 and I finally got it to work. Unfortunately in the process I broke 2 pins on the smaller board. I removed them and ran leftover capacitor legs to make the connection. It works but I want to fix properly. Does anyone have a part number and source for replacements?

Last edited:
need help please. I would like some of confirmation before operation, can install multi in grey asian b board? For PAL F I must sold pin to cn 17 multi? and last question, my jumper is it good? Just cut battery?
THX

xvs_ju10.png

cps2_x10.jpg

can install multi in grey asian b board?
Yes, it will work in ALL B boards as long as you have the 2 connectors to plug it in. I see that you have them, like 99% of people.

For PAL F I must sold pin to cn 17 multi?
Exactly. Make sure that you lift the leg on the PAL according to the instructions.

my jumper is it good? Just cut battery?
You dont need to touch the jumpers, just remove the battery and you are good.

I currently preparing to get an CPS2 setup. Sorry for the noob question, but will the multi kit work on an Phoenixed board?

Absolutely. You'll be removing all the Phoenix ROMs anyway to install the multi kit :)

Back