What's new
Our official stance will always be to not kill a working pcb. Yes the CPS2 does have special circumstances since the keys can now be revived. But there is also another dilemma. There are still revisions of game roms out there that have not been dumped. And some pcbs are being converted into multis and the program roms discarded. Some of those game revisions will be, sadly, lost forever. Besides that our policy needs to be consistent among ALL platforms. So if our policy is no killing live pcbs on say CPS3, another platform that uses battery powered encryption and has no way to restore original keys yet, then the policy will remain on CPS2, etc. It is a policy based on discouraging bootleg profiteering so it's best to keep this policy broad than to begin splitting hairs.

All that being said, we don't know what you do with your own property. We can't stop you.

Lol again I appreciate your point of view and for taking the time to respond to a newbie to these parts. I really do respect your point of view and the obvious care you've taken to help people get into the hobby.

See my reply to the other post you made in response to me on this topic for further comments on suiciding et al

All I am really talking about here are my first impressions and the resulting questions. I am a newcomer to this project/product

I put my money where mouth is and bought the multi kit today. I rely on your videos and written materials to guide me on this quest

I really feel like you should create a new Intro video and PDF. As in "Revised" ... The firmware has been revised . It really just needs a few edits to it and perhaps some additional points added.

There are several confusing moments in the video. The way this topic is handled is only one of them.

-cheers
MW

While we are at it, what possibilities do we have to check the revisions of our CPS2/3 games ?
I'd also like to check the boards that I have before I use them for Multikits.

While we are at it, what possibilities do we have to check the revisions of our CPS2/3 games ?
pretty sure you just turn them on and look at the numbers on the first screen. Should have game title and build date.

pretty sure you just turn them on and look at the numbers on the first screen. Should have game title and build date.
Aaaah right, the build dates ! :)
Thanks !

Back