What's new
Where do I go to find out what hardware I need and how to set it up to run ATomisWave roms that have been created here ?

I'm a little confused as to how it make it all work so I don't know what to look for when buying an AW

Where is the beginner thread ? :)
Here's what you would need:

MyNaomi.jpg

Last edited:
that is the power supply to the right ? what the box in front ? to the left in the photo ?

I don't want to hijack this thread again lol

The box to the left connected to the Jamma harness is the Capcom I/O board.
Info here: http://www.solvalou.com/arcade_naomicapcom.php

There is more than one type of I/O board, the Capcom one and the Sega ones. Research this.

The NAOMI 1 motherboard is the tan box with all of the wires connected to it.

NAOMI 1 is tan, and so are the carts.
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=721

NAOMI 2 is black and so are the carts.
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=725

You can play NAOMI 1 games on a NAOMI 2 system, but not the other way around.

The power supply is on the bottom right and is an original SUN power supply that was used with NAOMI 1 boards. It supplies all of the correct voltages needed for the NAOMI.
You can use a computer power supply, research that before going that route.

The black box with the chrome piece is the NetDimm board, which allows you to Netboot, or load games via a computer, laptop, or RaspPi.

There is also one that looks similar just called a Dimm board (pictured below) which lets you load games via a GD-ROM drive (not pictured), but the GD-ROM drive is not needed if you are Netbooting with a Netdimm.

Both the NetDimm and Dimm boards are basically memory boards, 256MB, 512MB, or 1024MB.

DIMM Board:
3-b.jpg

NetDimm board:

4-b.jpg

You should upgrade the firmware to the lastest version on the Netdimm and you will need a security PIC CHIP for it as well.

You should upgrade the bios on the NAOMI board as well.

Once you have everything up and running you can load games from a computer or use a RaspPi with an LCD and even load games Via cell phone WIFI.

All of this is my understanding of NAOMI, but I'm almost as big a NOOB as you are with it.

Last edited:
Anyone else running a Raspberry Pi for Netbooting know what the biggest SD card you can use? I can't seem to get anything over 8gb to work.

I have no experience with netbooting, but anything up to 32Gig should work on any pi without problems.

If you image a 4Gig image, the sd card will initially appear as a 4Gig as well.

raspi-config has an option to expand the rootfs so that the whole card capacity can be used.

If you use the piforcetools.img file and "win32diskimager" to write it to an SD card you end up with a small partition for the roms and a load of empty space at the end of the EXT4 partition you can't use.

You need to do is use something like "minitool partition wizard" to rearrange/resize the partitions.

Move the EXT4 partition to the end of the card and then extend the fat32 one into the free space that's now in the middle of the sd card. commit the changes and wait for it to do it.

Eject the card & put it back in so it refreshes windows explorer - then you can fill the FAT32 partition with as many GD-Rom images you want.

Back