What's new
No fair using multi game series as a single list entry, also...
How would you rank the Metal Slug Series?
Hahah you're right. So I'll keep MS1 and Shock Troopers 2 and drop the other "multiples" of the same series from the list.

Hanging to play some Samurai Showdown 2 and Garou.

And it worked. I've played both to completion and never really noticed it missing in X. There's enough going on in the foreground that it clearly wasn't necessary anyway and nice though it may be, the hardware wasn't powerful enough so it had to go
Yup 100% agree! Sure the BG animations were nice, but at the expense of game play? Hell NO!
X did the right thing cutting them away, as game play should always be the first consideration/priority.

The top five that see the most play time from me are:
  • Metal Slug
  • Baseball Stars 2
  • Street Slam
  • Pulstar
  • Rage of the Dragons

1. Art of fighting
2. Fatal fury
3. Pulstar
4. Puzzle Bobble
5. Metal slug

Art of fighting and fatal fury bring back so many vacation memories!

SNK and other companies made many great game on MVS. I spent a lot of time and money in arcade center when I was student. it's good time.

here is my top 5

• Metal slug
  • Metal slug 2
  • Samurai shadow II
  • The King of Fighters 98
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury Special

My top 5 in order:
1- Art of Fighting
2- Magician Lord
3- Riding Hero
4- Thrash Rally
5- The Super Spy

Personally, I purchased 12 NEO GEO games only in early 90s which includes the above list.

Note: No fighting game in all gaming history can be compared to Art of Fighting which is I believe the best fighting game ever made and until today I can't find any reason or explanation to change the game play in Art of Fighting 2. However, Art of Fighting 3 is the worst fighting game of all times.

Note: No fighting game in all gaming history can be compared to Art of Fighting which is I believe the best fighting game ever made and until today I can't find any reason or explanation to change the game play in Art of Fighting 2. However, Art of Fighting 3 is the worst fighting game of all times.
Boy that sure is a drastic change from the best to the worst from one version to the next!

:D

Art of Fighting cracking the #1 spot in two of the last four posts. I may actually have to give it a few hours.

I had no regrets selling my AOF-3 cart and didn't miss it at all. AOF-1 and Garou MOTW are far superior...

I assume everyone is waiting for the DS Multi rather than buying my MVS carts. ;)

I liked lots of things AoF did, visual damage to the face of characters in game, the charging of chi for special moves, the super death blow (haha it's just an awesome name)...

For as many things as AoF got right, it got a ton of stuff wrong as well.
The scaling/zooming is way too extreme and becomes distracting.
Only two selectable characters Ryo and Robert.
The game play/controls feel too heavy, no real style difference between players (all feel heavy) only slightly different move sets.

KOF97
KOF99
GAROU MOTW
Metal Slug 5
Metal Slug 3

(No particular order)

1. SvC Super Plus
2. Neo Turf Masters
3. Viewpoint
4. Legend Success Joe
5. Aero Fighters 2

That would be my top 5. I also really like pretty much all of the old KOF games and the Metal Slug series. Also Samurai Showdown, Fatal Fury, Mark of the Wolves, Burning Fight are all excellent.

Any list without Garou can be disregarded. Personal preference of course..... Everyone can list what they want.

My list will follow, but Garou is the #1 game

1. WINDJAMMERS
2. Samurai Showdown 4 (love that you can commit suicide)
3. Metal Slug
4. Puzzle Bobble
5. Baseball Stars 2

6. Neo Turf Master
7. Last Resort
8. Street Hoop
9. Sengoku 3
10. The King of Fighters '98

Back