What's new

beast1x5

Professional
Reaction score
I recently purchased a taito type X from sophia corp and I also purchased a multigame HDD from arcademodbios. for some reason when starting up tetris the grandmaster 3 it gives an error message then booting back to the game selection menu. the only game working with this Multi kit is GigaWing generations. I'm really trying to get my fix in and from arcademodbios changed some jumpers around and I have no idea of their stock setting as well as getting said kit to work.

any information is greatly appreciated and if anyone has a better multi game HDD they can help me with in making or selling me one I'd greatly appreciate it

While I do not own a TTX, the only things I can say due to reading these forums is

TGM3 is pickey about GPU's and whatever FW that comes with them

outside of that the other issues I have no clue about if it where me id test the components of the ttx, by loading a fresh install of windows Ie cloning nikos multi drive to a new disc then click on any game.exe oncethe game loads, on a real ttx the game should boot and work then at that point you at least can confirm the hardware you have is working and it is a software issues

i legit have no idea where to start since the TTX is legit windows and i have no idea where to start for reinstalling windows to a dedicated pc meant for arcade gaming

It would help to know what type of system you have.
Type X1 of Type X2?
And what videocard is installed?

My guess is you have the wrong video card. I havent done anything for the Taito Type X, yet but its on the list.

Hit up Joerg (Arcademodbios), he should be able to point you in the right direction.

My guess is you have the wrong video card. I havent done anything for the Taito Type X, yet but its on the list.

Hit up Joerg (Arcademodbios), he should be able to point you in the right direction.
i did... but he told me something along the lines of having to desolder the cmos battery and replacing it

Reasonabley sure TTX was suppose to come with
7600 GS 7900 GS So thats your problem ?

okay.. also with the cmos battery would removing it damage the motherboard at all? Would i have to put a new battery in?

Back