What's new

habebson

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I joined this forum a few weeks back but never formally introduced myself. I live in Japan and collect all sorts of things video game related. Recently I acquired a beautiful 20 inch BVM monitor and have been enjoying gaming bliss ever since. Currently I'm in the lengthy process of hooking up all my retro consoles through glorious RGB (the picture below is of my current setup). I came to this forum after reading about Darksoft's Neo Geo flash cart, for which I am super excited. I haven't bought any arcade systems yet, but after reading about the CPS II multi cart, I'm seriously considering getting myself a CPS II board (or boards, I guess it is) and seeing if I can figure out to hook the thing up to my BVM and some custom joysticks.
Oh, and I also speak fluent Japanese (perhaps even better than English), so if anyone ever needs help with something Japan related, please hit me up! ^^

wall_of_fun.jpg

Welcome :D

I love japan.. and I miss it as well.

you can never go wrong with any darksoft product, he and his team make dreams come true!!!

whats the biggest power tower you've ever stacked up on your 32x? got any sonic & knuckles to give it a few more inches?

Welcome!

Nice collection of consoles :thumbup:

Booking my trip to Japan for end of May so I would welcome any pointers to best spots to go arcade/retro games shopping.

Did you break down a wall to bring in that Snorlax?
The Snorlax was a limited edition giant cushion from Bandai. He makes a great bed, actually! This set up is in my office (which is why I had to blur out the background) which has a wide entrance, so there was no problem getting him in, but there were multiple accounts on Twitter from folk who couldn't fit him through their super narrow Japanese front doors.

whats the biggest power tower you've ever stacked up on your 32x? got any sonic & knuckles to give it a few more inches?
I really gotta get myself a Mega CD 1 to give it another inch or so, but from what I hear the drives are crap. I guess I add a Master System power converter or game genie to give it some height as well. And don't forget about the karoke add-on that goes on the side! Supposedly they're quite rare. I've never seen one go up for auction before, but then again, I haven't exactly been looking for one. Here's a picture of one docked on a Sega tower from Sega's official Japanese Twitter account! I wonder how many AC adapters you need to power this beast.
sega-tower.jpg

Welcome!

Nice collection of consoles :thumbup:

Booking my trip to Japan for end of May so I would welcome any pointers to best spots to go arcade/retro games shopping.
As far as arcade parts go, I've just gotten interested myself recently, so I don't know of any good spots yet. I usually just buy stuff from Yahoo Auctions. You can find pretty much anything there. Kind of hard to use if you can't read Japanese though. For retro games, I usually go to Hard Off. Yes, believe it or not, there is a store by that name in Japan. It's a used hardware shore and they're all over the place here. They almost always have a junk section where you can pick up games and consoles for 100 yen or so. I've found quite a few treasures there over the years. Book Off, owned by the same company, is good too, but they don't have a junk section. Usually a better assortment of games though. And books too of course!

Welcome aboard!
Thanks!! :D

I really gotta get myself a Mega CD 1 to give it another inch or so, but from what I hear the drives are crap. I guess I add a Master System power converter or game genie to give it some height as well. And don't forget about the karoke add-on that goes on the side! Supposedly they're quite rare. I've never seen one go up for auction before, but then again, I haven't exactly been looking for one. Here's a picture of one docked on a Sega tower from Sega's official Japanese Twitter account! I wonder how many AC adapters you need to power this beast.
sega-tower.jpg
You need four. One for each of the devices. I love SEGA so much.

Welcome aboard, sir.

Childhood drool fest! Your setup is reminiscent of the Dream Gaming Rig contest in the back of every EGM magazine that I would lust over each month. The only difference is your setup's beastly monitor is no comparison to the beastly projection TV that would have came with the dream gaming rig. You know the one. It was probably a scam. But you couldn't help but to ponder what would happen if you were the lucky one that dropped in an entry.

Childhood drool fest! Your setup is reminiscent of the Dream Gaming Rig contest in the back of every EGM magazine that I would lust over each month. The only difference is your setup's beastly monitor is no comparison to the beastly projection TV that would have came with the dream gaming rig. You know the one. It was probably a scam. But you couldn't help but to ponder what would happen if you were the lucky one that dropped in an entry.
solve them puzzles man!

Ohayôgozaimasu!

Nice snorlax ;)

...and will be visiting Japan in april ! can't wait!

Back