What's new

Hellfromabove

Professional
Reaction score
Starting this thread for patches for the various Type X and Type X2 games that are available. If you have patches, feel free to post them here. The patches would be things such as screen rotation patches for shmups so you could play them in YOKO, sound fixes, accessing hidden characters, etc. I'll post a few that I have in a bit.

Okay lets start off with the basices on what these can do and how they work
All of the Games use something to render the game window, this is but not limited to d3d8, d3d9, Gdi, and openGL
You can use a programe called "Depenaicy walker" To find out if the target game is one of these, check what d3d Version it uses, if it uses d3d9, LIKE MOST TTX games AWSOME
You can use These files to force the game into a Window.
You Copy over D3d9.dll Settings.arc and window.dll this dll
https://mega.nz/#!RpZVgLhQ!0DU5z1z3pivoV8K0iudVDm6oW6-p1mJip9uNFiH2eqo
Why do you want your game to be in a window you might ask?
Rotation playing shumps in Yoko mode,
Running 4:3 games aspect correct on a 16:9 Screen
You can also cheese certain gpu vendor specifc things with custom hacked dlls such as visual bugs in games such as DS2, SSED ECT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How dose it work? how to I move my game form this window to a fakefull screeen?
Few methods Really But the best way in my option is autohotkey, NIrcmd also works
So here is a "baseloader + resizer" Iv made.
https://mega.nz/#!xxQGEKwD!Z_H9ZdUaRwL0mhSd4qWfs5_-H7IZ6kGu65OMpUzpQb0

You need to copy the files out of it + the Windowed mode files you place these inside the games folder Now load the game.exe , once this game looads take note of the "window" title bar
And also ensure the game is working in this force windowed state once this is done open up loadingsettings.ini
You need to set
EXETORUN= to the game you are trrying to run so for a real TTX this would be
EXETORUN="game.exe"
if you are running on a windows pc
EXETORUN="typex_loader.exe game.exe"
Then down at the button you can see
WindowTitle= We need need to set this to the title of the window Example
Windowtitle=Blaz Blue
Once you have this save and now click on loader.exe this should now load the game, once the game becomes active resize it to the proper size its not 100% beacuse i havent tested on every screeen resolution but the tool works very well in all the uses I have
this also adds boarder support by drawing a background by default it is the bg.png thats all black you can supply any image and have it displayed behind the game.
The "esc" key will now close the window and the ahk scirpt giving a clean exit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre- Setup packs For use with PC to use these on a real ttx, you must edit loadersettings.ini
and set it to game.exe so it dosent auto load with typexloader
https://mega.nz/#F!sgIwmSBb!Ld_Aj0DappLptusapwjC1w
Games inside this folder
PC Titles
Yatagauru attack on cata
Akatsuki blitzkamf
Axel City
GundeadLinge collection
Exceed collection
gleam of force 2
Gulity gear XX reload
TTX title
Arcana Hearts 3
Blazblue CS1 + 2
Battle Fantaisa
Deamon bride
Gigawing Gererations
Kof 98 maximum inpmact
Kof skystage
Power instinct 5
Raiden 3 + 4
Spica Adventure
Trouble witches
SSFIVAE Koyo mod.
Shikigama No Shrio 3

Last edited:
KOF Sky Stage Screen Rotation Patch
Can be used with: Type X2 and PC
Switch out the game.exe in the original game with the one supplied in the archive
NOTE: I am unable to get this to work. The game does not rotate on the TX2. Can someone please test this?

Blazblue Calamity Trigger 4K Patch
Can be used with: PC
Switch out the game.exe in the original game with the one supplied in the archive

Blazblue Calamity Trigger Full HD Patch

Blazblue Continuum Shift 4K Patch

Blazblue Continuum Shift Full HD Patch

Battle Fantasia 4K Patch

Battle Fantasia Full HD Patch

Gigawing Generations Screen Rotation Patch
Copy all of the files from the archive to the directory where the game is. Right click the application GWG_Launcher.exe and click "Run as Administrator".

Homura Full HD + 32 Bit Color Patch

The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match Boss Hack Patch
Switch out the game.exe in the original game with the one supplied in the archive.
Press the "Start" button on:
"Iori" for "Orochi Iori"
"Leona" for "Orochi Leona"
"Mature" for "Goenitz"
"Rugal" for "Omega Rugal"
"Vice" for "Orochi"

The King of Fighters XII 4K Patch

The King of Fighters XII Full HD Patch

The King of Fighters XIII 4K Patch

The King of Fighters XIII Full HD Patch

The King of Fighters XIII Full HD + Boss Hack Patch
Switch out the game.exe in the original game with the one supplied in the archive.
Press the "Start" button on:
"Ash" for "Dark Ash"
"Iori" for "Saiki"

Samurai Spirits Sen Blood Patch

Shikigami no Shiro III Full HD + 32 Bit Color Patch

Street Fighter IV 4K Patch

Street Fighter IV Full HD Patch

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 4K Patch

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Full HD Patch

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition International Version 4K Patch

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition International Version Full HD Patch

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 4K Patch

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 Full HD Patch

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 2 Player/ Evil Ryu and Oni Patch
Place the contents of the archive in their respective areas within the game folder

Tetris The Grand Master 3 -Terror Instinct- Full HD + Window Mode Patch

Last edited:
You can also cheese certain gpu vendor specifc things with custom hacked dlls such as visual bugs in games such as DS2, SSED ECT
Does this mean you have a fix for graphic bugs in Deathsmiles II for Nvidia cards? 8o
I cannot comment it working on a real TTX however yes their are fixes for this. via dll files. i do not know what settings this apply if i had to guess its emulating hardware tnl.

I cannot comment it working on a real TTX however yes their are fixes for this. via dll files. i do not know what settings this apply if i had to guess its emulating hardware tnl.
Very cool, would be awesome if it works on the TX2 as well. Although, I've heard that there's nothing that can be done about the graphical issues on it. I haven't looked in to it though.

Still uploading patches.

If you can find the exact options inside the dll that needs to be turned on you can get it working even on a real ttx

What is mostly needed is screen rotation mods that work on the TX2. Does anyone have these for the various games that play in TATE?

While i haven't tested it winding the game and rotating the screen via the method like in my kof stay stage exe, should work on a real ttx however, the math to place the game to the correct size would need to be adjusted you can test this by coping all the files and just running the exe if it loads properly in a window then the rest is easy to fix.
run the game.exe not the loader .exe

Any chance there is a TTXShell file that keeps the moves in English? Seems whenever I see a patch for this game to run in 1080p it always changes the dialog to Japanese and removes the language option from the service menu.

Any chance there is a TTXShell file that keeps the moves in English? Seems whenever I see a patch for this game to run in 1080p it always changes the dialog to Japanese and removes the language option from the service menu.
The game.exe files between the games were basically the same, but had a few differences. This is the reason you are encountering those types of issues. Someone here could possibly create that.

On another note, can someone test that patch I posted earlier that gives Evil Ryu/ Oni support and makes the game 2p? I really want to see if it will make the game 2p.

Doesn't seem to enable 2 player. Hmm

Also it crashes after character selection screen now.

Edit*

Seems to run fine after restarting but no 2 player mode. Was there more to do than overwriting the files?

Last edited:
Doesn't seem to enable 2 player. Hmm

Also it crashes after character selection screen now.

Edit*

Seems to run fine after restarting but no 2 player mode. Was there more to do than overwriting the files?
Shouldn't need anything else. So what were the differences between that and the original SSFIVAE2012 you had?

Nothing from what I can tell. I had both characters unlocked already. I'll delete the game and copy over a fresh one and then install the patch again. I was just seeing if it added 2player.

Back