What's new
thanks for all the information. will check tomorrow or perhaps wait for the ne cooler on tuesday and report then

Got the replacement fan kit for the grafics card today. It’s very silent. Need to buy some heat pads for the ram I think because the thermal paste does not hold them In place that tight.

Having sound issues with crimzon clover. Sound off and on often. Anyone else have the same issue?

PC hack or Nesica? I only play the Nesica version and it works fine. Niko multi does not officially support the PC hack from the Joerg multi. This might be OT, should spin up a new thread.

how can i update the drivers?

you have a source for the good drivers?
DISCLAIMER. Make sure you have an image to rewrite this from scratch if you break it. You are going to unlock the drive and you can break things, i take no responsibility for it. Also, after you do this, if there's any issues. Don't contact niko or post in his multi thread for help. You are using an unofficially hacked/changed/edited version of his system, it could behave strange and he can't help you.

You won't need a ps2 keyboard after all, a usb one should be fine.

Here's what you need to do.

You will not need a PS2 keyboard for this, we are going to add back the USB keyboard driver and you should be ok to use a usb keyboard then.

1. Download this, a few windows files you need to make your life easier. https://mega.nz/folder/BkcDUQST#MMy5MTppmMIjqMnpYKUKMQ

2. Download the driver from this link https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/windows/306_81/winxp-306-81-whql-driver/

3. Plug your TTX2 hard drive into another computer. We need to copy the files you downloaded to your multi drive. Copy the video driver to c:\nvidia and extract the files from step 1 and copy the windows folder in that archive to your multi c drive and OVERWRITE anything that asks you. Don't stress, it's just the explorer.exe, shutdown.exe, usb keyboard driver and a few control panel applets in case you get stuck.

4. Boot your TTX2 drive in the TTX2 system WITHOUT a USB keyboard plugged in (don't plug it in until AFTER the system is fully booted). Once it's booted, plug your usb keyboard in. If you copied the files correctly, then you should have a working USB keyboard now (it might take 30 seconds after plugging it in for it to kick in). You can test this by pressing up and down on the games menu, it should be able to control it. Now press F3 or button C on your cab. You should now have a command prompt. Don't use a wireless keyboard, you must use a wired one.

You have 2 options here. You can use command line and do all this, or you can type explorer.exe and do it in windows explorer by using keyboard navigation. Whatever works for you, but i will give directions for command line. explorer.exe might be easier for you. If you know nothing about command line it might be confusing. If you know basic command line navigation, this will be ez pz.

5. Type the following command to disable the write filter ewfmgr.exe c: -commitanddisable If you look at the output, you should see STATE: ENABLED BOOT COMMAND: DISABLE

6. Now type shutdown -r (this will reboot the system).

7. Now you are back at niko multi screen but the write filter is disabled. Press F3 or button c to get to cmd shell. (type ewfmgr c: to check write filter, it should say STATE: DISABLED, if it doesnt, don't go forward)

8. Navigate to the folder where the driver is c:\nvidia so
Type cd c:\nvidia

You should now be in the c:\nvidia folder.

Type dir to see the contents of the directory and you should see your driver file. Type the number 3 and press tab. This will autocomplete the name of the file so you don't have to type it. Then press enter. This should start the driver install.

Now, you don't have a mouse, and tab will lock when you goto the license agreement, so you just need to use the ALT + underlined letter commands on the buttons to select. Just select next next next. Then when the driver install ends, select the ok button and the system will reboot.

It should have the updated drivers now. - TEST IT... run a game, it should play fine. Make sure your fan is not jet engine!

Now you need to re-enable the write filter. This is easy.

F3 to get to a command prompt and type this
ewfmgr c: -enable

then

shutdown -r

Now it should be locked again.

The above actually looks WAAAAAY longer than it is... I mean,. the whole thing should take you a few minutes at most. If you get stuck, let me know, but this definitely fixes that god annoying 100% fan usage for me. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, it's going to be mostly in Japanese!

If it all goes to shit, just reimage and start again! If you want KOF 2002 and 98 to work at 31k again, you have to go back to 93.71 forceware drivers 32 bit xp. Exact same steps, but have the 93.71 drivers somewhere as well.

If you want to get into the control panel, just type the word control at the cmd shell. You can change the menu's back to english in there, you can also re-enable the mouse, but if you do that, make sure you save the current mouse profile as BLANK before you change anything, because the mouse is actually on the screen all the time, the cursor has just been made blank so you can't see it. If you don't save that profile and you re-enable the mouse cursor... you will be stuck with a cursor and it will be more difficult to get rid of it.

The fan still spins up a little bit when playing games, but it's nothing like what it was. I mean... it has to cool the card, and the heatsink on those cards is really shit.
hey murry great work on this , tried to give it a shot but ya megalink is down

@Murray

Thanks a lot for sharing your work on this!

Unfortunately the Mega link is down :(

Is there a new link somewhere???

just curious..those of you who got the PCI slot ssd/hdd rack mount had this fail in a year? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080V73RE

I was greeted to cannot locate OS when trying to play the other day. Probably only ejected the drive a handful of times ugh

just curious..those of you who got the PCI slot ssd/hdd rack mount had this fail in a year? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080V73RE

I was greeted to cannot locate OS when trying to play the other day. Probably only ejected the drive a handful of times ugh
So I didn't have that one, but I had a similar drive bay and ran into what sounds like a similar issue. You have to make sure that the drive is all the way over to make the connection with the contacts when closed. It is easy to not have things lined up and therefor the drive will just not be plugged in even though the door closes. I think some bays have a little plastic piece to help make sure things are pushed over. Hope your issue is just something that simple.

I fiddled with it for quite some time and it just would not either connect or power the drive anymore. It was easily fixed by just connecting ssd directly, but still was a cool feature to have for easily updating things without a screwdriver.

I'll look around and see if I find another kind that will hopefully last longer lol

Finally got around to replacing the fans in my unit and it made a huge difference. Thanks for the write up and suggestions...I did kind of puke a little in my mouth when i took the fan off the CPU...

5sre9Z8.jpg

I just read through this entire thread to get caught up. I haven't touched my TTx2 in like 2 years. So damn far behind on projects :/.

I notice that most of the replacement 40mm fan does not have the same pressure as stock. Having a look of the internal of the psu which is very dense. Has anyone notice any I'll affect using replacement psu fan

I notice that most of the replacement 40mm fan does not have the same pressure as stock. Having a look of the internal of the psu which is very dense. Has anyone notice any I'll affect using replacement psu fan
PSU runs slighty warmer but still within spec. Not sure how it is when put into an actual cab.

Hello everyone I have a Type X2 with Elsa Gladiac 998GT, so I read open any way to get games like street Fighter iv to work or do I just have to buy a 7900GS?

Back