What's new
Cell said:
Im still trying to collect more info on the fans. There are 3 types of fans that can be replaced:
Jugu used these fans in his:

My CPU was a bit whineeeeeey, whereas my PSU fans was pure jet aircraft +10000dB ;)
Replaced with aforementioned recommendations and I can now hear what's going on, on screen. :thumbup:
The case fan is still pretty loud, but it's a pure air-flow noise, and tbh it could be disconnected without issues if only played for short/moderate sessions. I'd say my GPU fan is by far the noisiest component now.
Thanks for the recommendations Cell & Jugu :thumbsup:

Glad it worked out for you. I'm modifying the RingEdge 2 power supply with the same 40mm fans as the stock unit is the noisiest fan I've ever heard.

My "test" setup looked a little something like this below. Not the most ideal placement of the TTX2 of course, but damn, I could hardly even hear the SFX/Music over the roar of those fans turbines!
Fans replaced, TTX2 relocated, and now it's time to enjoy :D
5QEGhKw.jpg

CPU Cooler: 70mm amazon.com/Silent-FN-SX07-22-D…ling-Screws/dp/B00BF3UJKC
Case fan: 120mm amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Sickl…0-Radiators/dp/B0026ZPFDE
Power Supply: 40mmx20mm amazon.com/Scythe-Mini-ULTRA-Silent-SY124020L/dp/B000VRVHFO

All the fans were drop in replacements except for power supply fans. Those did require snipping the connectors from the original fans and soldering them to the new fans.
Just replaced the fans with exactly these (perhaps different colors) - and I have to say it is a world of difference! Almost complete silence when playing the games :thumbsup:

Hey.
Just got a Taito Type X2 with SSF4.
It has a P4 3.4GHz and 7900GS.

I will change fans and test Niko multi.

Thanks for this topic !

Last edited:
So. I was reading this thread and I did not see anything about upgrading the video card. I know the following ..

Taito Type X2 Tech Specs:

nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS/7600GS/7300GS, up to latest graphic cards (Radeon HD 3800 or Geforce 9800 series)
... So what's the highest model NVidia graphics card that will work and how do we go about flashing it? .. and what do I flash it with?

-Drey

There is a thread on the forum about flashing stock 7900GS with the custom bios.
IIRC it is also confirmer the custom bios works on a 7950GT, this allows you to clock the card at stock 7950GT speeds (or higher).
Don't think there is a benifit though as most games are designed to run on the Elsa 797

A Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame.

There is a thread on the forum about flashing stock 7900GS with the custom bios.
IIRC it is also confirmer the custom bios works on a 7950GT, this allows you to clock the card at stock 7950GT speeds (or higher).
Don't think there is a benifit though as most games are designed to run on the Elsa 797

So the "Geforce 9800 series" statement is incorrect?

So the "Geforce 9800 series" statement is incorrect?
it will work with some games, but most games (like SF4), only work with the 7900.
Also I think Niko's multi only works with 7900

Yea, you want the 7900 series card. Thats what all the games, including the Nesica games where designed to run on.

I need to update my flashing thread, I have a new process now, that lets you flash the BIOS directly from the X2.

Yea, you want the 7900 series card. Thats what all the games, including the Nesica games where designed to run on.

I need to update my flashing thread, I have a new process now, that lets you flash the BIOS directly from the X2.
Please do!

Hey guys do any you know if I can still use the Taito type X2 I/O with a more updated set up (i7) Win 7 if I’m running the taito type X2 games thru Attact Mode?

Also does anyone know of a compatible power supply that I can install in it as mine is toast.

Thank you Jugu. I’m going to order one and I will post updates when I receive it.

Maybe the info is arranged funny in this thread. But which is the better upgrade for the TTX2?
  1. Pentium 4 551 (single core @3.4 GHz), or
  2. Core 2 Quad Q6600 (quad core @2.40 GHz)
I am a little confused. Thanks!

EDIT: Rather, what is simply the best CPU upgrade option for the TTX2?

Last edited:
Back