What's new
@ZERO_MILES

Here ya go man .. it's got the tech demos for PSX and MAME games and stuff https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?threads/additional-games-tech-demo.4724/ oh and this post https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...-for-taito-type-x2-on-niko-s-v1-4-multi.6326/

@atrfate

Dude, you need to share out that TTX2 hard drive image you have! Sounds like you managed to get Darius and a slew of other games running the rest of us could not. Did you get Otomedius, the non Nesica and horizontal Ikaragu and Jamestown like off of Jorge's image, and the Contra game running on your TTX2 also?

@atrfate

Dude, you need to share out that TTX2 hard drive image you have! Sounds like you managed to get Darius and a slew of other games running the rest of us could not. Did you get Otomedius, the non Nesica and horizontal Ikaragu and Jamestown like off of Jorge's image, and the Contra game running on your TTX2 also?
I dont have a x2, however Darius is out in the wildwest, you can edit the ini and play away but it dose require x2 fast io hubs
Otemdious, might work, if you add the driver for a mouse so it has touch emulation, never attempted it in sp2

The Non-Nesica games, as stated in the other thread cannot be rotated with out rotating windows, and running them via window, you can tech do this on an x2, and iv gotten it working for friends, but the games become unplayable and hella laggy

Contra should totally run, you would only have to compile a new jvs to keyboard form niko with the correct unplayable keys bound

jamestown and any non steam game should work and run as long as the requirements are ment, with nikos and coerys jvs and fast io tools.

@atrfate

Darn, It was sounding like you had got your hands on one and got some this stuff ironed out :( Nah I have tried working out how to get the Steam version of Jamestown and Ikaruga working with no dice. I tried for months after I saw them listed on Jorges' TTX2 image. Contra would not run no matter what and there is some wierd hackery going on with the controller set up.

@atrfate

Darn, It was sounding like you had got your hands on one and got some this stuff ironed out :( Nah I have tried working out how to get the Steam version of Jamestown and Ikaruga working with no dice. I tried for months after I saw them listed on Jorges' TTX2 image. Contra would not run no matter what and there is some wierd hackery going on with the controller set up.
PM me in a few days to remind me, I can make a Joerg drive for you.

@atrfate

when you say contra would run, would the game boot? and its purely a control issue?

Nah @Sjlewis78 and myself made a go at trying to even get it to boot .. and it would not even do that. However I had the hacked PC version and not a "pure" arcade rip. So that could have easily been the issue.

Well, it is the game was made by a shit chinese company, and is really crap overall, but its likely your pc rip is very much the arcade version, however the method used to emulate the controls was god teir awful the only files diffrent will be the kacbookeeping, and various dlls. you can tech find a clean copy out there, but it wouldn't have proper controller emulation and wouldn't run.

i am hoping for usf4 and stuff instead of psx ...

1TB SSD are not that expensive anymore. You can pick up a Crucial MX500 1TB for less than $95 now days!

iymr3wxl.jpg

Hmmm.... I've just got a 500GB SSd, I hope that's big enough...

On another note, I did the quiet fan mod for my X2, and discovered that it was the Vewlix PSU fan that was making most of the noise haha. Any links to decent UK/European arcade power supplies that are fairly quiet?

Hmmm.... I've just got a 500GB SSd, I hope that's big enough...
256GB would probably be the max you would ever need for the latest revision of all the games.

However, with that said, I have dumped multiple revisions of alot of the games. One day I'll make a drive image that includes every dumped revision of every game. That image will need a drive over 500GB.

One game in particular I have dumped 9 different revisions. It's really cool to go back to some of the early releases and see how the games have changed.

I'm already near 500gb with the extra stuff ive been tinkering with. That's one reason I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 1TB SSD.

First off I would like to give props to everyone who has modded their TTX2s before me as you laid the foundation and inspired me to follow the direction I did. Special thanks to @Niko as I bothered him a good bit while trying to sort some things out.

Modified
Upgraded
Painted
Rebadged

I went with the basically the same upgrades as done by @tom5151 posted here Taito Type X2 Upgrades and Mods . I however opted to keep the original case and repaint it. The SSD (1TB Crucial) is in a bay that is accessible from a slot between the I\O card and video card. I also modded the back of the case and moved the power supply externally. The pictures show it in my test cab which is a Sega Showcase .. but eventually I plan for it to be one of the swappable systems from my Vewlix when I get it.

mnFikMJl.jpg

gNj2Fj8l.jpg

WQCq1mUl.jpg

bcedeLfl.jpg

LWZ6IhBl.jpg

tG5IhqIl.jpg

cohA3Ofl.jpg

dnU4xqSl.jpg

q37C442l.jpg

QHJ2ezil.jpg

O7Q4RHzl.jpg

jx7xlltl.jpg

For those wondering between the CPU and RAM upgrade is made a huge difference. Games do load fast, play smoother with less system hick-ups. This made an even larger difference on the non tradition games I used with Niko's set up. IE MAME and the PlayStation 1. With the added oomph I may look into being able to run at higher resolutions and maybe with some of the shader/filters on.

I still need to flash my new video card before I can use it. This should give me even more of a boost as I will be going from 256mb to 512mb with a higher core clock speed. Now days this does not sound like much of a difference but in an older system like this .. its HUGE.

Last edited:
@Dreygor, what model RAM did you use? I found the exact same processor you are using @ at local eBay-like website, should I go for that one?

Same seller has the "X9100 3.06GHz" processor, but I don't know if the TTX2 will support this model.
EDIT: X9100 uses a different socket.

The black is semi gloss from Lowe's. Whatever brand they have ( I forget off hand ).

The Blue is Patriotic Blue

received_851887538497466~3.jpeg
And that description lies .. it took two tries to get a nice even coat lol.

Back