What's new
There was some discussion about a possible tate mod a while back. However I did not see a definitive patch or anything come from it.

-Some people mention it might be possible through an INI file

-It was mentioned about maybe forcing the graphics card to do it through a DXWND command causing the whole screen to rotate. Similiar to how the games work when you load them up on a regular PC to play them.

-There was talk of a software work around that might be able to do this. However I feel a software mod is not the answer as it puts extra load on the CPU where most of that needs to be dedicated to the game already.

@Niko Was there anything concrete from the discussion that could be added to the multi in the future ? Per game or a dedicated tate multi, since it's easy enough to swap out hard drives anyways?“

—————————————————————————

Doesn't really belong in this thread, but it's quite easy to change the games in TATE mode.

Already explained it in another thread.

With me it is so that I can use Tate and Yoko at the same time.
My monitor can be turned automatically with a switch.
In my Cab there is a motor which turns it automatically.
It is a german Cab which was only available here at that time.
It is called Jumbo Quadro.
Therefore I wanted to play the games that can be played in Tate in Tate.

Just add in the TypeXmulti ini Vertical=1 and the games rotate in the Tate mode.
Without charging the graphics card.

This is only valid for the Typex and Nesicax games.

For the Mame Games I can change it in the Mame menu.

I will take some pictures today.
So that everyone understands what I mean.

Last edited:
i wish to thank the forumers here for their advice and help to setup and upgrade my TTX2.
thanks to niko for making the TTX2 multi and providing it for free.
i have upgraded my TTX2 with an Intel Core2Xtreme X6800, 2x2GB Kingston DDR2 ram and a fanless XFX 7950GT 512MB card with niko's bios.
the games run smooth and loads fast. The 3D graphics in some games look sharper and cleaner. I bought a 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD to prepare for the ultimate multi from niko. Changed all the thermal paste to Kryonaut paste. I think that's all the upgrades that can be done to my TTX2 other than recapping the capacitors.
just need to find a guide to setup MAME on my TTX2 and i will have the complete setup for my TTX2. i didnt go for a Quadcore Intel QX6800 as i dont think it is necessary.
have someone used it? i can change it again if it's better than X6800.
thanks again guys. If you guys are visiting Malaysia, give me a holler. always great to have friends with the same interests coming over.

i have upgraded my TTX2 with an Intel Core2Xtreme X6800, 2x2GB Kingston DDR2 ram and a fanless XFX 7950GT 512MB card with niko's bios.
How did you get the card to fit in the TTX2 case? I couldn't get a fanless 7900 to fit. Just wondering if it just fits and that maybe it's a smaller profile card? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i cant fit it in. im looking for a pc casing to fit my TTX2 board with the fanless GPU.

i cant fit it in. im looking for a pc casing to fit my TTX2 board with the fanless GPU.
Ah, bummer! Same issue I had. I want to stick to the TTX2 case so unless I dremel some holes, I'm gonna stick with the fan in the card. I did buy a replacement fan and now the card is super quiet.

Playing my ttx2 vewlix setup more makes me realize I really want to quiet everything down in the thing. Ordered the ttx2 fans and next I’ll probably need to replace the fans in the vewlix. Anyone have recommendations for the vewlix power supply fan and those two fans on the back? Are there any others? I want this thing quiet when I’m done.

Playing my ttx2 vewlix setup more makes me realize I really want to quiet everything down in the thing. Ordered the ttx2 fans and next I’ll probably need to replace the fans in the vewlix. Anyone have recommendations for the vewlix power supply fan and those two fans on the back? Are there any others? I want this thing quiet when I’m done.
probably worth its own thread in the vewlix discussions

Got my replacement cpu fan for the Taito x2. Holy crap the heatsink on this thing is awful. Probably most of my noise problem is right here. We will see once I clean this and put the new fan in. Unfortunately I just have this fan so far. I plan on replacing the big ass case fan and the two little psu fans and the graphics card fan too.

Attachments

• 0C047DF8-944B-4753-99B8-BC7C67396690.jpeg
    0C047DF8-944B-4753-99B8-BC7C67396690.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 186
Looks tasty! Good luck with the noise reduction. I may be doing something similar in the near future.

I took a look at the psu fans. Didn’t look too nasty like that heatsink. Amazon doesn’t have the replacement recommended in the first post of this thread right now, but Newegg does. Don’t forget to order two of them.

https://www.newegg.com/scythe-sy124020l-case-fan/p/N82E16835185055

I’m also doing the 2 back vewlix fans and the 2 monitor fans with these

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-A6x25-3-Pin-Premium-Cooling/dp/B009NQMESS
https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-F12-PWM-PWM-Signal-Configuration/dp/B00H3T1KBE

in the end I’m hoping it will be very quiet

Well shit this thing is still really loud. I now think the main culprit is those little psu fans. I’ll report back once I get the replacements. Oh also some notes for anyone doing this. The cpu heatsink is attached using a bracket in the back, so if you take it off that bracket comes loose and you have to take off the motherboard to get it back on. Not a huge deal but a little of an annoyance. Also that fan recommended for the cpu heatsink needs longer screws to attach like the stock one does. That or you can enlarge the holes a bit so the screw heads will go down into the plastic some. The Noctua case fan I got was an easy swap since you can reuse the metal bracket and the fan shield. The quest for a quiet cabinet continues.

Finally got my psu fans and replaced them. Still had pretty bad noise and I figured out it was the huge case fan. I replaced with a noctua but the Taito x2 pushes it full capacity and I think it was vibrating the case and sounded awful. I tried the low noise adapter that came with some other noctua fan and bingo! The thing is finally fairly quiet and in the cab I doubt I’ll hear it at all.

Next up replace the 4 fans in the vewlix cab.

Finally got my psu fans and replaced them. Still had pretty bad noise and I figured out it was the huge case fan. I replaced with a noctua but the Taito x2 pushes it full capacity and I think it was vibrating the case and sounded awful. I tried the low noise adapter that came with some other noctua fan and bingo! The thing is finally fairly quiet and in the cab I doubt I’ll hear it at all.

Next up replace the 4 fans in the vewlix cab.
honestly that's the project I'm interested in. My blue diamond is pretty fucking loud.

Not a crazy project but id love to know what fans work and fit and are quiet

For the x2 or the vewlix? Some vewlix cabs have 60mm back fans and others have 120mm and maybe others have something else. So measure what is in the back of the cab. there are good replacements for 60mm and 120mm. Vewlix with the original monitor have monitor fans and those can be a pain to replace, but mine were quiet so I didn’t bother. It was the 60mm fans that were stupid loud. You just have to take the backplate off to get to them so not bad at all. There are good replacements for all the x2 fans. The psu ones are kind of a pain to replace but the others are easy. I’m glad I did the x2 since it got me in the case cleaning it out. The cpu heatsink was really bad. Years of smoke on that thing.

For the x2 or the vewlix? Some vewlix cabs have 60mm back fans and others have 120mm and maybe others have something else. So measure what is in the back of the cab. there are good replacements for 60mm and 120mm. Vewlix with the original monitor have monitor fans and those can be a pain to replace, but mine were quiet so I didn’t bother. It was the 60mm fans that were stupid loud. You just have to take the backplate off to get to them so not bad at all. There are good replacements for all the x2 fans. The psu ones are kind of a pain to replace but the others are easy. I’m glad I did the x2 since it got me in the case cleaning it out. The cpu heatsink was really bad. Years of smoke on that thing.
vewlix, my blue diamond is pretty loud

Back