What's new
Anyone have recommendations on 4gb of RAM and a ~250gb SSD?

I’m looking at GPUs, but some links I’ve seen on here for RAM and a SSD are outdated.

Any SSD should do the trick, I have a Crucial M4 myself.
Make no sense to put in the quickest SSD’s available like Samsung 960’s etc...

It's all good. I wanted a 1tb SSD, so I went with the cheapest brand I recognized on Amazon. $88 before tax wasn't bad.

Will a E8400 work if so is it any better

No it won't work anything past e6xxx series is to new and was not work

First post go easy. So I’ve had a pc in my viewlix for a year. Just received my Taito x2 with SSF2 AE from Japan, 3.4 P4, 7900GS, 512mb. I already received all the fan mods, 4GB ram, 9800GT, x6800, multi SSD. Installing components today. My viewlix is JVS and I have the official taito jamma conversion kit. I have the x2 fast I/O card and viewlix fast I/O board coming from Italy right now. This is my question, my vewlix came with a Bana Passport RFID, will this RFID work with the fast I/O’s I have coming? Or do I need to actually get the Nesica RFID? And thanks to all you guys taking the time to share all the tips and part suggestions. Let’s see how bad I can f... this up

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 246
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 248
First post go easy. So I’ve had a pc in my viewlix for a year. Just received my Taito x2 with SSF2 AE from Japan, 3.4 P4, 7900GS, 512mb. I already received all the fan mods, 4GB ram, 9800GT, x6800, multi SSD. Installing components today. My viewlix is JVS and I have the official taito jamma conversion kit. I have the x2 fast I/O card and viewlix fast I/O board coming from Italy right now. This is my question, my vewlix came with a Bana Passport RFID, will this RFID work with the fast I/O’s I have coming? Or do I need to actually get the Nesica RFID? And thanks to all you guys taking the time to share all the tips and part suggestions. Let’s see how bad I can f... this up
You want to keep the 7900GS. Majority of games wont run with the 9800GT.

You dont need any RFID reader, but if you wanted to connect an RFID reader it has to be a Nesica RFID reader.

Keep the P4, the quad core is a downgrade as the X2 games only run on a single core :)
(3.4GHz vs 2.9GHz)

I appreciate the input Niko, I actually had a few beers and got on eBay before I read through all your guys posts and ordered that 9800gt. I will leave the 7900gs.
PascalIP, it’s my understanding the x6800 is dual core but I’m wrong way more than I’m right. It is 2.9ghz vs. the P4 3.4ghz, but I thought the improved c2duo would make up for the 500 clock cycles? I have no idea though.
Also Niko, I ordered a qx9650 before I realized that wouldn’t even work. I have no use for either the qx9650 or the 9800gt, I appreciate all the effort you’ve put in and share with new people like me free of charge. If you have any need for those two parts just pm me a mailing address and I’ll send them to you.

Yes correct, it is dual core, but X2 games will not benefit from it.
If you run MAME or other stuff though it could help, at least that is my understanding. I strictly use the X2 for X2 games, so stick with the P4 :)

biggest upgrade is the SSD IMO

PascalP, I ordered a multi x and x2 with a bunch of mame from this guy on eBay, mar.vetto, from Italy. He’s sending me a SSD pre-programmed, he recommended the q6600. I went went with tom5150’s post and choose the faster C2duo x6800. I’m curious what everyone thinks of this guys multi? Please be brutally honest, your not hurting my feelings...I just want the best setup.

PascalP, I ordered a multi x and x2 with a bunch of mame from this guy on eBay, mar.vetto, from Italy. He’s sending me a SSD pre-programmed, he recommended the q6600. I went went with tom5150’s post and choose the faster C2duo x6800. I’m curious what everyone thinks of this guys multi? Please be brutally honest, your not hurting my feelings...I just want the best setup.
I honestly don't know the guy and his products, but if it is the multi from Joerg it is trash, if it is the multi from Niko it is the best, but people shouldn't sell that to make a profit as it is shared free here on the forum ;)

I have installed a Q6600 in my TTX2.
It works fine with me.
I had the x6800 for a short time.
But it runs too slow with me.

Nico's Multi is definitely better than the Italian's.
It looks better, too.
Especially since Nico doesn't want any money for it.
You have to give him credit for that.

No one needs 5000 mame roms.
You never play them.

I put mame on Nico's Multi.
But I only use the best shooters and jump and run games.
About 30 games.
That's quite enough.

And even this is almost too much.
And the good shooters you get as original PCB anyway.

Less is more.

Important is a SSD and 1gb RAM.
Graphics card I have a 7900gt
So everything is going well.

About 30 games.
That's quite enough.

Less is more.
I agree with this. I had tons and tons of MAME games on there and ended up removing all but a handful of fighting, SHMUP, and puzzle games. Of course all of the X and X2 games (that are released) are still on there. Without having sub folders it just took too long to scroll through the games to figure out what I wanted to play.

Now if there were sub-folders that might be a game changer. have a sub folder for x1, x2, Neo Geo, Cave, Capcom (Nesica in the future) ... you get the idea..

..but yeah i think I am around 60 games total and sometimes even that seems to be too many.

About 30 games.
That's quite enough.

Less is more.
I agree with this. I had tons and tons of MAME games on there and ended up removing all but a handful of fighting, SHMUP, and puzzle games. Of course all of the X and X2 games (that are released) are still on there. Without having sub folders it just took too long to scroll through the games to figure out what I wanted to play.
Now if there were sub-folders that might be a game changer. have a sub folder for x1, x2, Neo Geo, Cave, Capcom (Nesica in the future) ... you get the idea..

..but yeah i think I am around 60 games total and sometimes even that seems to be too many.
Folder support would be game-changer for sure! Any future updates or features @Niko? I for one, would love to see a vertical menu option for dedicated TATE mode.

There was some discussion about a possible tate mod a while back. However I did not see a definitive patch or anything come from it.

-Some people mention it might be possible through an INI file

-It was mentioned about maybe forcing the graphics card to do it through a DXWND command causing the whole screen to rotate. Similiar to how the games work when you load them up on a regular PC to play them.

-There was talk of a software work around that might be able to do this. However I feel a software mod is not the answer as it puts extra load on the CPU where most of that needs to be dedicated to the game already.

@Niko Was there anything concrete from the discussion that could be added to the multi in the future ? Per game or a dedicated tate multi, since it's easy enough to swap out hard drives anyways?

Been going solid all day. I liked the ‘less is more philosophy.’ Stuck with the 7900gs and P4 3.4. Tried booting before I did anything, took two hours to figure out I had loose ram sticks, prob from shipping, got the orig setup running on both the multi and ssfiv AE with dongle.
Pulled the cpu, Northbridge, southbridge (this f...er was cemented on) heatsinks and polished with medical grade isopropyl alcohol, reapplied arctic 5 thermal past on all. Replaced the case fan, cpu fan, soldered in and shrink wrapped both psu fans. Put the 4gb ram in. Just ran it for an hour with way less noise.
My question, does the x2 support touch screen? I have a iiyama prolite 1080p with 8ms response installed with a usb touch screen option. Works amazing with my pc. I’d love to use it with the x2, seems like I read somewhere the x3 had touchscreens?

Attachments

• image1 2.jpeg
    image1 2.jpeg
    762.2 KB · Views: 231
Back