What's new

Does Your TX2 Boot Battle Fantasia in 720p?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hellfromabove

Professional
Reaction score
I'm making this thread/ poll because I have heard that BF was not able to boot in 16:9/ 720p (with Dip Switch #2 put in to the "ON" position). If you switch it to 4:3/ 480p mode (with Dip Switch #2 put in to the "OFF" position) it will then boot. However, I tried out BF last night with my TX2 with the second dip switch set to ON and it booted just fine. Mind you, that you will need a JVS board to make the game boot. This game will not boot with a FAST I/O board. Please test and post your results below.

EDIT: Please post the following after voting:
  • Model and specs of TX2 you are using.
  • How many dip switches are on your JAMMA card

Last edited:
Using 1.3 of the Niko's multi and it just returns to the menu with Dip Switch #2 set to on. It did this on the AMB multi for me too, only worked in 480p.

Using 1.3 of the Niko's multi and it just returns to the menu with Dip Switch #2 set to on. It did this on the AMB multi for me too, only worked in 480p.
Thanks for the info. How many dip switches does your JAMMA card have and what model TX2 are you running?

Also, someone else voted and posted YES. Whoever that was, please post info on your TX2 model and JAMMA card.

5 Dips total and TX2 model 217A. It is your old one that I picked up on AO that use to have the fast IO :D

mine does.

modal 208a with 5 dips

using version from notniko torrent

can people please also post where they got there game. eg notniko torrent or elsewhere

using version from notniko torrent

can people please also post where they got there game. eg notniko torrent or elsewhere
Should have nothing to do with the dump as the original version of the game has the same issue.

Mine is from the torrent that the suspicious notniko guy uploaded haha 8) same deal on the amb version too.

Mine is from the torrent that the suspicious notniko guy uploaded haha 8) same deal on the amb version too.
If you go in to the Service Menu, you should be able to see the version number of the game. Can you please post it? Thanks.

Looks like we may have narrowed down the issue. I will post information here once we can confirm.

Sure thing. Battle Fantasia Version 2.05 JPN 2007/03/26
Can you please take a pic of your dip settings and post them here?
dipswitches.jpg

Straight DVI-DVI is same result, resets back to multi menu. What I can't find is a DVI-VGA adapter...I know I have one in some random box of crap.

Straight DVI-DVI is same result, resets back to multi menu. What I can't find is a DVI-VGA adapter...I know I have one in some random box of crap.
Strange... NIko was using a DVI to HDMI. Switching to DVI->VGA made it start working. I use DVI->DVI though and it works.

Turn off all dips except for #2 and test. Also, you did unplug the other cord before plugging in the DVI one, right? Make sure you only have one video cable plugged in to it.

Last edited:
Back