What's new

waiwainl

Professional
Reaction score
While back bought the TypeX2 MultiHDD from Darksoft (which works great!) :thumbsup:

However; when hooking it up to my old Sony Bravia 42" (regular 1080p HDTV) with a DVI -> HDMI cable, the following is happing:

- At bootup the TV switches to 1080p
- I see for 0.5 second the white/blue letters bootup screen in nice highress quality
- The TV switches to 480p
- I see the white/blue letters bootup screen again, but clearly in 480p

After that all the games are happily working in 480p :whistling: .

DIPswitch #2 is set to ON (you can't miss ON, as it is written above the dips).
DIPswitch #1 is also set to ON, the rest is OFF. But I cannot find anywhere if/what these dips do (except #4).

I got the Taito TX2 out of a Vewlix, in which I tested the just received HDD. Which worked as expected on 720p.

What I am missing?

it's probably the tv at fault. Maybe it doesn't recognise the X2 signal and reverts to 480p.

Could be similar to what I have to do with my Chihiro. My TV does not recognize the signal at all but if I pass it through one of those cheap Chinese converters it works ok.

Could be similar to what I have to do with my Chihiro. My TV does not recognize the signal at all but if I pass it through one of those cheap Chinese converters it works ok.
ok, I can see how my TV is miss interpreting the signal.
Which cheap converters are you talking about? Example?

Tried the 2nd HDMI port. Same 480p issue.
Tried an old monitor with DVI, perfect 720p :)

So it could be the cable (it's a DVI -> HDMI cable) or the TV. I'll try with a different DVI->HDMI adapter.

I use a dvi to vga adapter and the pc setting on my monitor. Looks great.

^ So if that works, OP needs a VGA-to-Component converter (not just a breakout cable) if the TV doesn't have VGA input. I'm thinking digital (HDMI) is your problem.

I'm having a similar issue with my Naomi. Tried to use a regular PC LCD and it doesn't work. I have no other VGA monitors to test. I just ordered a GBS8200 and will try that. The specs say it supports VGA 31k input which I think is the hangup with a lot of "regular" LCD monitors and HDTVs.

Naomi doesn't work on my LCD without the converter also. It is a cheap tv though.

^ So if that works, OP needs a VGA-to-Component converter (not just a breakout cable) if the TV doesn't have VGA input. I'm thinking digital (HDMI) is your problem.

I'm having a similar issue with my Naomi. Tried to use a regular PC LCD and it doesn't work. I have no other VGA monitors to test. I just ordered a GBS8200 and will try that. The specs say it supports VGA 31k input which I think is the hangup with a lot of "regular" LCD monitors and HDTVs.
It does have VGA input, as well as Component.

If all fails, I will try the GBS8200 as well.

I tried VGA input (DVI -> VGA) and that actually works pretty good :D

Is it correct that some games are really 640x480 and do not have 720p mode?

yes I think Tetris and Trouble Witches maybe?

I tried VGA input (DVI -> VGA) and that actually works pretty good
It old you it looks pretty good. It can be kind of rough if playing a TX1 game but games like SF4 look really good in VGA.

Back