What's new

penrhos

Grand Master
Reaction score
Picked up what I thought was a Type-X from YAJ, it's on the boat so I won't get it until almost Xmas. Sold as tested and working but doesn't come with any games etc.

Price was OK but what I didn't spot until after the auction is that the sticker on the top said "Type-X+".

Have I made a noob mistake - what is an X+ will it run the Type-X games OK or am I going to have to hunt around for a different videocard or worse still another Type-X.

Once I got my hands on it - I'll document what's inside. Hopefully Nico will have made a type-X multi by then....

So I need to keep an eye open for a 2.5Ghz or better 400FSB Socket 478 - CPU in any of the PC's they throw out at work.

Well after being stuck in customs over Xmas I've finally got my hands on the Type X+

It's a Model 008A.

CPU = P4 2.8Ghz
RAM = 1Gb as 2 * 512Mb sticks
GRA = 9800PRO

No HDD, HDD mount or dongle came with it.

Picked up a dead Type-X for spares and it came with a 9600SE card so I grabbed one and it seems to work OK.

For info I picked it up for 6000 YEN Fees & shipping to SMJ added another 4000 YEN - Shipping by SEA back to the UK was £30 - so it stands me at just over £100 all in - 9 month's ago that's all I paid for an Type-X2.

Last edited:
Back