What's new

Nekoma

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Tonigh, i installed my newly received Multi Kit on my CPS-2 game board.

I replaced the pal (with the one i got from saveyourgames).

Then i removed all game eproms.

And i checked all the jumper and made the needed changes.
Special thing about this part is that i used a resistance tester, and on the opened jumper, resistance jumped from low to infinite in a 10th of a second. Not really easy to explain with my bad english. I mean, when i put the pins on the spots, res is low for a very very short time, then infinite (meaning it's opened) but that really short time where it show low res is bothering me.

I decided that, as the resistance was "infinite" it was done and i started mounting the unit. Everything went fine.

I made a micro SD card and when i powered my cab ON, the screen allowed me to switch and select game.

But then, nothing. Still a black screen after 1min.... 3min... 5min...

I felt like something was hot on the board, so i put my finger tip on the "DL-1927" CAPCOM 19 chip.

I burnt myself quite a bit.

Why was that chip so hot???

Is the board dead?

Do you think i may have damaged the Multi kit?

What could i've done wrong? :|

Stupid question but did you try to boot the pcb again after you loaded the game? It will not auto reset without the reset wire installed though it isn't required to play games. You would just need to power cycle.

Such a hot chip shouldn't happen. Maybe there is a shortcut or something wrong with your B Board. Try as @Mitsurugi-w said and we'll take it from there.

Thank you both for your support.

I tried to boot a couple times before i notice the hot chip. I never got any display (just black screen)

Is a bad jumper configuration (some opened should be shorted) able to do that? If not, the only other place on the board where there could be a misplaced shortcircuit is the EX1. (3 pins are connected, this is because of the battery remopval right?)

Thank you both for your support.

I tried to boot a couple times before i notice the hot chip. I never got any display (just black screen)

Is a bad jumper configuration (some opened should be shorted) able to do that? If not, the only other place on the board where there could be a misplaced shortcircuit is the EX1. (3 pins are connected, this is because of the battery remopval right?)
What? All 3 pins connected? That's bad....real bad.

Ok, i understand what happened. I removed the strap between all 3 pins.

Now, the Multi kit is writing the game until the end without any error. But i have a pink screen.

There are pins to short to fix that, i read about it, i have to find it back.

Wahoo, juste powered off the cab, then back on. The game is now playing!

What a fantastic piece of craft.

You two have done something i consider Art!

Cool! If you want the kit to autoreset after writing the game you can install the reset wire.

Back