What's new
if taito did buy back standalone TTX2 units for use with Nesica (theory as to why you have modal 217a stickers over 208a stickers) then hopefully they have learnt there lesson supporting obsolete hardware.
I can confirm this, suppliers in Japan were saying a while back that Taito was indeed doing this.

I really think TX3 might become the platform for it. No reason for games like KOF XIV to put out anything above 720p and most of the monitors in the cabs in arcades only go up to that.

I really think TX3 might become the platform for it. No reason for games like KOF XIV to put out anything above 720p and most of the monitors in the cabs in arcades only go up to that.
the ttx3 will more than likely be powerful enough even for 1080p. its more the 2xxx cpu has been discontinued for 3 years now meaning supplies for these and supporting components including the componants to make the motherboard eg chipsets will be very scarce.
this is purely my thought on what makes sense. taito have time and time again proven that what makes sense isnt something they like to do ;)

Well, who knows maybe they will up it to windows 7 and allow more chipsets/hardware to be used? So it would just "require" ttx3 or higher but their new ttx4 will also run it? maybe

I say more driver support form he os, so they can update it to use newer competents if stocks run dry

Let's just hope they don't use bitlockered self-encrypting drives... I've got enough headaches in my life.

quasi-necroing this thread, but a recent video showing off King of Fighters XIV on NesicaXLive2 shows that it's running on a TTX3 on Windows 10. CPU is i5-2400 and nVidia GTX 660, 8 gigs of RAM.

edit: doesn't look like the embed likes the time set. It's at the 7 minute 41 second mark.

Back