What's new
I think there will be a market for both products. I see very nice progress on the DS multicart, I like what I see a lot, and is the cart that I will get almost for sure. however no doubt some people will see advantages on the neosd. No clue which ones, but for everything there are people.

Regards.

No doubt both will sell, and most likely the shitty china ones as well. It will just be who can afford what and what features, level of quality & support/service one is looking to get behind the product they choose.

As for me, my $$ is behind Darksoft 100%, he has a proven track record, everyone's heard of him, an existing line of products, he continues to innovate and release new multis/projects, top notch support. No brainer that Darksoft multis is the way to go. If someone can beat what Darksoft will/is offering then let them prove it.

@Derick2k - Totally room for both carts, and totally great for consumers.

Keep in mind: this is the Neo Geo market we're talking about. Buying both carts at some point for some people isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility. We're used to setting our money on fire at the alter of SNK. ;)

@Derick2k - Totally room for both carts, and totally great for consumers.

Keep in mind: this is the Neo Geo market we're talking about. Buying both carts at some point for some people isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility. We're used to setting our money on fire at the alter of SNK. ;)
Totally agree that there is room for both, even the china clones (I am using one right now as a doorstop for my son's room :) ). Competition can be a good thing and I wish everyone success with their projects. I personally will be going with Darksosft's multi for the many obvious reasons, again, thats my personal choice. I might buy the NeoSD in the future if I feel like burning some cash just to check it out myself. I am sure many will buy both and compare them, hopefully there will some good unbiased side by side reviews/comparisons.

I've got darksoft's cps3 solution, stv multi and will have a cps2 multi on order this month. If I can afford one I'll get the mvs multi.

Hopefully by supporting his projects the F3 multi and maybe a naomi cart multi (so it'll run from a Capcom converter) will be forthcomming....

Also looking forwards to a 246/256 multi dangle and more developments by forum members....

OK after the finding about the way in which REALLY games are loaded on NeoSD, I think we are all on the same page. It's actually a good thing to see all the mistakes they are going through so I don't make them.

I.E. Looks that the microSD card can't be accessed when the cart is inserted.

OK after the finding about the way in which REALLY games are loaded on NeoSD, I think we are all on the same page. It's actually a good thing to see all the mistakes they are going through so I don't make them.

I.E. Looks that the microSD card can't be accessed when the cart is inserted.
For sure. There is an up side to not being first in this case. This give you time and opportunity to make more improvements on your product and to see what mistakes the competition has made so far. ^^

What a shame, the microSD can't be accessed with the cart is inserted on the NeoSD... X/

Tuff shit, Bro..

https://twitter.com/ModernVintageG/status/809232789421903872

tuff-shit.PNG

https://twitter.com/ModernVintageG/status/809123931814854656

tuff-shit_1.PNG

It's the fate of all early adopters I guess.. (although he should have just waited for DS's multicart :P )
Orrrrrrrrr....

H could have wanted to buy both to get a good comparison on them. Don't down play other people's desires just because they don't match your own. I have stated previously that I'll be getting both, and I still plan on it.

Come on.. I used the :P i'm just kidding. One is free to buy whatever one wants.. I'm an early adopter myself don't get me wrong.

(Actually I'm convinced the NeoSD team will take care of this. It's just tough for ModernVintageGamer he's got to go through the hassle, as we all have to go through every once in a while. I'm actually subscribed to his YT channel and I'm following him on twitter I think he's a cool guy!)

Last edited:
Well, I certainly don't begrudge anyone who is making the hobby better by providing cool things like multi kits. There will always be a market for different levels of quality and that is what makes competition a good thing.

I'm sure the Chinese 161 in 1 cart made the maker a lot of cash, and a lot of people who own it don't care or even know about it's quality.

And then there are those of us who do, and that's why we are here...

So honestly, I can see some people owning all three.

But not me. I sold my only cart, a 161 in 1, not long after reading about Darksoft's multi.

I only plan on owning 1, and I like to own the best when possible.

:D

Back