What's new
Of interest is the unique ID given to each NEOSD cart.
Thanks for the honest review bud. Wondering about the physical components of the cart. I hear shortcuts were made. But sounds like you are a user that inserts it into your board and leaves it there. So you might not be impacted.

As for this unique ID thing. I see it as selling you additional content capability, or circumventing content encryption at a price. I could be wrong though.

I don't like unique identifying id's.

Personally, i think the way the DS version is setup is much better. Why?
1. Like those xxx-in-1 it has instant selection of 4 of your favorite games. No delays in waiting several minutes to flash.
2. Even if you wished to change one or two or three of those games, flashing is pretty damn faster than brand X from what i've seen so far.
3. Spiffy menu! (I like eye candy. Sorry. That's just me.)

Basically #1 and #2 are the most important things. I have an eprom burner and some socketed freak-around boards, but waiting 30 minutes for my rom eraser to wipe chips, then another 30 to burn every one of those chips prevents me from flashing another game into my Pulstar conversion :)

The unique ID thing was to encourage new development and hopefully sell that to you, only working on that device. We are a mad lot and happy to spend to get that new thing :)

NeoDev lot were used as a "for instance", but do their own thang. Shame as their software is great. Maybe another developer or even SNK might get back writing software for their classic console?

Considering the past experiences between Playmore and some obscure licensers (Tommo comes to my mind), I don't think that Playmore is willing to further license his products to even more obscure manufacturers like the NeoSD guys.

Of interest is the unique ID given to each NEOSD cart. This would allow future releases from devs to be sold coded to my particular device bypassing piracy issues. A great idea, and one I would hope to see on Darksofts device.
I think the unique ID is part of an encryption scheme to prevent Chinese knock offs from using their firmware.

This is not a feature that benefit us. If the company closes its doors, we will no longer get updates due to the closed nature.

I remember reading that Darksoft would opensource the menu system. Plus we have a more helpful community.

My youtube is suddenly filled up with videos of something called the NeoSD Pro - now I didn't sit down and compare detail by detail - but is this thing a almost straight copy of the Darksoft design? Because that was my first feeling upon watching the first few minutes of some of the videos.

It has all the features frim DS multi.. sucks if you were in the first wave of NeoSD cards now that there is a Pro version.

The NeoSD Pro looks good if not very familiar.
Funny the main putdown to the DS Multi is now the main point to the NeoSD Pro.
All negative comments against DS Multi look funny in forum now NeoSD have change to same format?
but whats happened to NeoSD help forum over the rot road, can't find it now!
NeoSD wanted to moved to a neutral forum, where are they now?
Would love a NeoSD cart as a second instant backup cart but lack of forum help puts me off.
Unless it locked out to viewers? Why? Whats to hide?
The plus with DarkSoft is the users are helping setup/test and most importantly change the cart in front of everybody for everybody!

DarkSoft = For the gamers!

It's a 4 game multi-slot. you get one slot that is as fast as darksofts. The other slots are the same as speed as last time. Seems like a waste of resources to me. They should go work on sega cd or something.

It's a 4 game multi-slot. you get one slot that is as fast as darksofts. The other slots are the same as speed as last time.
which slot loads first?
When do the slow slots load?

will one slot stay as an original cart ( pre-flashed - then ( button combo ) boot to menu to fast flash to new games?
( sounds a good idea, but how, why? Does it need first game to boot? )

I dunno man, I own the Darksoft MVS already!

they do have their own forum now so at least you can ask over there instead of neo geo forums.

I dunno man, I own the Darksoft MVS already!

they do have their own forum now so at least you can ask over there instead of neo geo forums.
well thats the second best thing they have done ;) ( after changing moral stance on flash format :)

Sorry for my rant.( been burnt before )
One side can't do no wrong the other is wrong!
I'm sure the Neo scene can handle more than one Multicart, together we are better!

Last edited:
It has all the features frim DS multi.. sucks if you were in the first wave of NeoSD cards now that there is a Pro version.
I super agree with this. Awful way to treat your initial customer base. Go do something else for a year or two and then maybe release the pro model. Releasing it so soon after the initial model would feel like a slap in the face to purchasers of the original.

I super agree with this. Awful way to treat your initial customer base. Go do something else for a year or two and then maybe release the pro model. Releasing it so soon after the initial model would feel like a slap in the face to purchasers of the original.
IMHO -

Looked liked NeoSd used a forum user base to sell it's first idea just to fund setup elsewhere with it's Pro upgraded product, now thats drama!
Unless they offer a part ex to upgrade it's a very Shitty move.
Now i'm waiting for the cheaper old NeoSD to hit ebay!

It is said the four slots may work as a real MV4F slot (games in attrack mode and select button to switch): seems a great feature, no?

It is said the four slots may work as a real MV4F slot (games in attrack mode and select button to switch): seems a great feature, no?
NO!
A cart doing an attract mode is not THE big sell( i play games not watch um, twitch is for watching games)
And you did say " may "
(i'm sure DSMulti could do that with the three slots with an update, not sure why you want it to run in multi attract mode instead of playing games)

I'm all for new ideas and hardware on the Neo scene to help our enjoyment of the games.
I'm hoping the Pro cart bring new ideas to the scene.
Untill the cart is out and in the wild we can can't say anything.
We can only comment on their current hardware and conduct to date.
it's just a shame the pro "idea" popped up so soon after the first idea was backed and sold as the best and the be all to end all!

Don't mean to be rude or bias, just multicarts are to play games.

Last edited:
Krizz has been actively rereleasing new versions of his Everdrives in flash and ram versions labeled X3/X5/X7 and at different price points (why there needed to be 3 Everdrive tiers...I don't know). It sounds like NeoSD is going for that model with a vanilla (flash) and Pro (ram+flash) version.

Last edited:
It's not like they're discontinuing the Neosd as the Pro will be more expensive.

I'dstill be pissed had I bought the SD in the last year.

None of that matters, I'm an update or two from what I need. ;)

This, aside from motherboard compatibility issues is my biggest disappointment with the DS Multi.
Krizz has been actively rereleasing new versions of his Everdrives in flash and ram versions labeled X3/X5/X7 and at different price points (why there needed to be 3 Everdrive tiers...I don't know). It sounds like NeoSD is going for that model with a vanilla (flash) and Pro (ram+flash) version.
The difference I feel is that krikzz has enough other things in his rotation that it's not like he made X3, waited a few months and then made X5. He released half a dozen other products and then came back to revisit an old one and update it.

The different revisions are exactly why I am frustrated with krikzz stuff. He makes great stuff and i bought most of it but now I feel like I have to wait a year to buy for when the really good re-vision / version comes out.

Back