What's new
What gpio pin does the reset? Does it go low or hi when its reseting?

Does someone have any video or screen shots for this new PiForce software/UI? Not that I dont like my setup now. I would just love to see what it has evolved into now. I find it so interesting that a community or individual can come create/ evolve a program to better utilize our hardware. Great job in advance and keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing some of the new screen shots soon.

Is it possible to update net dimm 2.06 with the pi? Mine doesn't seem to work, I plugged in a monitor and see the gpio stuff happening but no luck on the dimm.

Can I get a command line on piforce setup?

Is it possible to update net dimm 2.06 with the pi? Mine doesn't seem to work, I plugged in a monitor and see the gpio stuff happening but no luck on the dimm.

Can I get a command line on piforce setup?
don't bother with a monitor. if you don't have the LCD keypad setup try updating using your PC and transfergame.exe

Well no luck PC says now connecting the goes back to the command line.

The ping did work

Well no luck PC says now connecting the goes back to the command line.

The ping did work
Try following this guide. If you did, double check all the steps to make sure you did not miss anything.

There are two sections specific to 2.xx. One for non net dimm and the other for net dimm.

This is a net dimm also has a serial port for some reason, boots up to network system error 31.

I've tried transfergame.exe 192.168.1.2 Naomi_4.01_Update.bin -f

FML and my money

This is a net dimm also has a serial port for some reason, boots up to network system error 31.

I've tried transfergame.exe 192.168.1.2 Naomi_4.01_Update.bin -f

FML and my money
That may be the case but your post might be missed by many folks here that have had the same issues as you are having. If you resurrect that post I linked, more eyes might be able to see your problem and provide some insight.

Your error seems VERY familiar with an issue I have had in the past upgrading a Triforce to the latest firmware. I was pulling hairs figuring out why i was having so many issues.

If you care to review my journey, it is posted here (Mainly post #35 for a TL:DR version). And again, this was on a Triforce so YMMV for NAOMI2 but same error.

I have solved updating net dimm 2.06!

Must use a router unmanaged switch didn't work unless a router was also connected.

"Must open command prompt as admin"

Type CD <path-of-folder-containing-transfergame+update.bin>

Type TransferGame.exe <naomisIP> <filename.bin> -f

Hope that helps anyone who is stuck!!

This looks really great, but as a Linux NOOB (been using for years but badly). I have purchased a PI 3B+ latest version but wont boot. OK wont boot so I use my raspberry PI zero backup, but raspi-config dont work. Sitting here in the corner shaking whilst wanting a version that works on the latest Raspberry PI. Does anybody have a working image?

Sorry to whine. Just thought this was an amazing project.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Problem is that raspi-config does not work! I cannot easily configure the wireless. without it. I have searched to find but no prevail. These images are designed to be very light and work without intervention. Only thing I can do now is get a physical Pi Zero LAN to USB connector.

Cheers

Adam

What happens if you try to run sudo raspi-config? Do you run it using a screen and keyboard/mouse connected?

basically, you can alter the wifi settings by editing some text files.

I assume you know the latest pi needs at least a 5V 2.5amp supply to work properly. Most usb to micro usb cables don't have a large enough wire section to transport that amount of current. (Cable losses are 2 high)

So you need your pi zero to connect to an access point wirelessly and have it upload a game image over that link?

Hi.

It looks like raspi-config has been removed from the image. I get an error telling me that the command cannot be found. I am not savvy enough to fully understand Linux; spent many hours looking into different options trying different things. Nope! No complaints on the power front. I have a beefy PSU connected.

I think you are right. I will get a header on the Zero and use a wifi bridge.

If thats progress, then I will have to work around it.

Cheers for the email :)

Still confused. Do you have the new zero with wifi and bluetooth or the older one without network connectivity?

Ah! The old one.

As an update I have borrowed a LAN to USB cable that is known to work with All PI's. I will have another go this evening...

If it's lan, you can run "sudo ifconfig" to see if your network is up and running.

The networking settings should be in /etc/dhcpcd.conf so you can see that with "sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf"

If it's based upon an older debian, it might be in /etc/network/interfaces.
Again, you can edit that file with "sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces"

Your usb 2 lan cable might show up as eth1 instead of eth0 and maybe all settings are done for eth0
the "sudo ifconfig" should give you that information.

OK
I got networking going, started the update, and it all melted away from me as did the upgrade. I am officially out of my league with the OS.

Still it was fun whilst I tried. The only way now I know now is to buy a model 1 or 2 PI.

Thanks for all of your help guys.

BTW: Could someone add the piforce package to the latest version of the OS? When someone is in the mood that is :)

Back