What's new
What updade did you run? Isn't the difference between a pi 1 and pi 3 just a different kernel.img file in the boot folder. (kernel7.img versus kernel.img) Only very old images don't have the kernel for the pi3.

You would be surprised! The 3B+ (latest), doesnt boot any of the distro images of piforce / piforce web. Raspberry PI Zero does boot every one.

Logged on
mount -o remount, rw /
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

BOOM!

What doesn't work so that your run the update and dist-upgrade?
As it's a read only root fs, it's obviously very customised.
It might even use a customised kernel.
Are you trying to install some package that doesn't work and asks you to update? (Please don't tell me raspi-config)

Hi
No. Just update the distro to run on the 3B+ But yes I think you are right, a streamlined bespoke setup.

I cant leave this alone, so will ponder my next move. Electronics and OS's are fun :)

I get it now. I know the only thing that differs between pi 1 and pi 3 is the kernel. It's called from cmdline.txt in the boot partition if I remember well. The boot partition is the one you can see if you insert the sd card in a windows machine, so it's easy to check if both pi 1 and pi 3 kernels are in the folder.

Maybe a pi 3 image won't run on a pi 3 B+. Will need my friend google to figure that out.

My friend google tells me that the pi 3 B+ needs a different firmware. They also only talk about updating from raspbian stretch.
You could install the latest raspbian on your 3 B+ and install the piforcetools.py.
This wan't give you the advantages of the custom image like the web interface.
It can also suffer from sd card corruption if you remove the power without first shutting down the os properly.
(why they use a read only root fs)

Making a linux distro root fs "read only" is not a beginners task. Setting up the web server probably isn't either.

Does it work out of the box on the pi zero with the usb 2 ethernet cable? Maybe that's the easiest approach at the moment?

Thanks for the update. I really am a NOOB with Linux.

I thought about the Zero about an hour ago, and have put a header on it. It now is able to run piforcetools with LCD display / web version.

That was easy though :whistling:

Eventually, we will get a new updated version. and thanks again for all of your help.

HI,

Just want to leave a note here for the developer (devtty0) of this solution and chunksin for his modified version. Such an elegant solution and one of the easiest things I;ve setup for my cab in a long time. Lietrally as simple as the instructions!

I just need to figure out the relay bit next!

Some questions:
1. What are you using to extract?
2. OS?
3. What is the error?

The archive extracts fine for me on Windows 10, using x64 7-zip

Excuse me, I can't display the directory using the Initial_D3_Export.bin webpage. Is there no crack in the D3 game? Thank you for your reply.

New to this, followed all the steps i could understand. I got as far pulling up the default webpage for piforce-web.
All i can see is configure options and shutdown & power off pi.
No images or texts are showing for the games.
So im stuck.

New to this, followed all the steps i could understand. I got as far pulling up the default webpage for piforce-web.
All i can see is configure options and shutdown & power off pi.
No images or texts are showing for the games.
So im stuck.
Do you have any games in the designated directory?

i have tetris and street fighter zero upper in the rom folder.
they're vcd file types but renamed the proper name.
i feel like have the wrong rom file type.

I dont know what a VCD file type is, just find the bin dumps and make sure the names match up.

okay I got the bin dumps with the correct names.
The picture of the game is displaying now.
As soon as as it's done loading I get a error 31.
My dim is v4.02 and it's running a multi region bios

When you start up the Naomi with a DIMM with no game loaded in memory you'll get error 31. Just load a game and when the Naomi reboots it will start ok.

I'm getting the error 31 after I click on a game.
I'll try rebooting, instead of clicking different games.

Back