What's new

DJLC

Professional
Reaction score
I recently got my CPS2 multikit and, after the full installation, I get nothing but a blue screen. The loader screen board works, it displays the game list and tells me when its loading. At that point the screen goes black till it says its done, then it promptly goes to blue again.

I have a Revision 7 board, I installed the PAL G which I got from the kit, I checked continuity on all jumpers, and I currently have the jumper set on the CN9 connector (its always connected, should I only have it connected when booting and disconnect later?)

I am using a Sandisk 2 GB card but it is formatted correctly (Fat32) so that could be an issue. I'll pick a Samsung Class 4 card up today to make absolute sure, but I'm running out of ideas to check.

Anyone see something similar?

Last edited:
I recently got my CPS2 multikit and, after the full installation, I get nothing but a blue screen. The loader screen board works, it displays the game list and tells me when its loading. At that point the screen goes black till it says its done, then it promptly goes to blue again.

I have a Revision 7 board, I installed the PAL G which I got from the kit, I checked continuity on all jumpers, and I currently have the jumper set on the CN9 connector (its always connected, should I only have it connected when booting and disconnect later?)

I am using a Sandisk 2 GB card but it is formatted correctly (Fat32) so that could be an issue. I'll pick a Samsung Class 4 card up today to make absolute sure, but I'm running out of ideas to check.

Anyone see something similar?
post some pics of your cps2 with the multi installed. Maybe we can figure out why it happens.

Hi.

Have you tried shorting the 3 pins on the EXC5 component for 30 seconds. Use a decent thickness piece of wire and hold it on the 3 pins underneath the board. Then try reprogram a game again with the lcd.

Also, is your b board in a cps2 case at present? If so, remove it and try connect it to the A board directly (no b board plastic shell) just to get 100% confirmation of a solid connection between A and B board as a test.

These are 2 issues I faced whilst initially setting up and getting solid coloured boot screens..

Other than that as pablo mentioned, some derailed pics of the install in case we can pick something else. Thanks and best of luck.

I'd also check to make sure the Interconnect pcb is firmly on all the way. I was getting a blue screen too until I reseated that pcb.

I reseated the board and did the 30 second trick with exc5. It works now! I guess it’s time to install the key wires now!

A buddy of mine tried this on a revision 4 board which made it work. However a few days later it seemed to start happening again. Not sure what might have caused it to come back.

A buddy of mine tried this on a revision 4 board which made it work. However a few days later it seemed to start happening again. Not sure what might have caused it to come back.
it could be a bad solder or bad contact.

Back