What's new

Digitaldocc

Beginner
Reaction score
Greetings. I've been collecting arcade games for a while mostly focusing on 1980s classics until recently when I remembered how fun the fighting games of the 90s were after playing some of them at a barcade. To scratch that itch I picked up a sad excuse of a empty big blue cabinet with the hopes of restoring it to it's former glory as a flagship fighter cab. Finally,I'm at the point where it's time to get a gpal and bust out the soldering station. Wish me luck.

Welcome and good luck for your restoring projects.
I think that you can find good support here since you have some big blue lovers :P

Welcome man, good to have ya. Be sure to show us some restoration pics!

There is actually more to this barcade story. One of the waiters who is half my age saw that I knew what I was doing in street fighter II and challenged me. I gave him some good competition and won a few but never the two out of three that I needed to retire as champion. Anyway I turned to him and said I was going to buy this game and then I'd be back. Hopefully I can give Jr the beating he deserves after I sharpen up my rusty skills.

Attachments

• 20160927_170032.jpg
    20160927_170032.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 20161017_172845.jpg
    20161017_172845.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 172
it looks better than all of my cabs combined. I have to stop being lazy.

I must say your choice of using the Super Street Fighter CPO on the Gen 1 Big Blue is quite striking. I have been struggling on which way to go with my Gen 1 Big Blue restore as I actually have that same CPO as NOS, not knowing what to do with it. I may just have to purpose that CPO for Gen 1 Big Blue after seeing yours.

And welcome aboard sir!

Back