What's new

decimata

Student
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for purchasing a Supergun. I see them online and on eBay all the time, priced between $30 to $500...

I just need something that outputs RGB for my NeoGeo F1 pcb.... And no I can't just build my own, I'll blow up the house.

Just like anything, after a certain cost, the return on what extra bells a whistles diminish greatly.

If I could keep it at or around $100 that would be nice....

I hve:
Arcade Forge MAK Strike ( be sure it has the power fix)
HAS
MK-30 Adcap.

I like them best from bottom to top.

Thats one of the ones I was looking at, seems to have all the right accessories for the price.

I have this one too: Arcade Forge MAK Strike

I think it's less than 100 euros with the glass enclosure.

It mostly depends on your requirements.. the main question is: do you need video conversion? or is native RGB output sufficient?

I'm using a BVM-D20F1U, so as long as it outputs SCART I should be happy as a clam.

My setup is rather interesting. Everything goes to the BVM, and then I have the BVM output to an XRGB mini, witch then outputs to both a HDMI PC input card and out to a HDTV....

So I can play on my BVM and record/stream in HD, or if I have friends over, have enough screen space for 4 people. The other plus side of this setup is that I can play light gun games!

I'm using a BVM-D20F1U, so as long as it outputs SCART I should be happy as a clam.My setup is rather interesting. Everything goes to the BVM, and then I have the BVM output to an XRGB mini, witch then outputs to both a HDMI PC input card and out to a HDTV....So I can play on my BVM and record/stream in HD, or if I have friends over, have enough screen space for 4 people. The other plus side of this setup is that I can play light gun games!
Your setup is indeed interesting.. i never thought about outputing from the BVM to XRGB.... mmm... I might do that as well :)

If your hardware supports RGB then don't get the MK30, it's a nice piece but you will be paying extra money for functionality you will never use (component, s-video...)

I have two HAS and one MAK and they work perfectly (specially the HAS)

I have the M30 from Jasen wireles version With two wireless panzer controler.. Hands down best setup period. Using it now and I am glad that I did not sell it:) since my cabs sold.

Anyone have any links on where to get anything from the US? Everything I seem to come across ships outside the US.

Historically most of the supergun sellers have always been in Europe... I guess it has to do with the fact the even hillbilly rednecks own a tv with rgb input over here.

A HAS is specially compact and very well packed, shouldn't cost too much to send it overseas (they are sadly sold out)

HAS is a product 100% reliable with technical support !!
I used to have a couple of superguns but since I got the HAS I sold all the others ;)
I'm down with HAS, Jasen makes fantastic enclosures... So in that respect I think the MK-30 is very nice.
You just can't beat RGB's single board design however, he's also an active member here, and WILL support you should the need arise.

On a personal level I think RGB is very approachable, helpful and flexible.
He shipped me a replacement RECO when the first got delayed/lost in shipping without asking for any payment up front!
When the 2nd deviced finally did show up I was more than happy to pay him for it, and I gave it to a very grateful friend.

Last I knew a new batch of HAS was due sometime in October? Perhaps he has experienced some delays... When they are available, BUY! :D

Yeah the HAS sounds pretty dam good, what Waac the cost he sold on those?

Hey Decimata,

In the 60$ range, there is another possible option, I have the "smallcab supergun deluxe" and it is serving me well so far.

I've been using it with an arcade power supply outputing on a pvm..and so far I have successfully connected it to a couple of neogeo mvs, a taito F3, a taito g-net and a st-v without any issues.

I have not experience with other superguns so I can't compare...
:)

here is the link : http://www.smallcab.net/supergun-delux-p-213.html?osCsid=0dmem0slmiisl3272pehb692f0

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions, the HAS sounds like the most widely recommended followed by the super cab and then the MAK or MAX, can't remember which it was called. Spending over $100 is possible but it would have to be for a 4 player Jamma, not sure if I'm ready to bite that much $$$ on one of those yet...

Back