What's new

DJLC

Professional
Reaction score
So while I was testing my CPS2 Multi board, I had my CPS3 kid unplugged and sitting inside the cabinet. After I couldn't progress anymore on the CPS2 kit, I plugged the CPS3 back in and noticed an EPPROM ERROR after I picked my region.

The game wouldn't boot, even after I cycled power to it. I then chose to reinstall the game, which went fine and so until the game finally booted and I saw graphics errors everywhere.

I then reinstalled the game again, and saw it again. Then I unplugged the game completely and sat a bit then slept on it. Woke up today and tested it and got the EPPROM ERROR again until I picked another region, then the game worked fine. I went back to the default region I usually pick and that worked fine too now. No Graphics errors or anything currently.

I did a test to see if maybe some of the SIMMS/Chips were bad and it did say NG on SIMM1/2 but the game still works and plays fine now so I am confused.

Is this a real issue or did I just some weird bug?

Could need to reseat all of your simms and make sure your cart slot is clean. A TON or problems are caused by a dirty cart slot or cart connector.

Also, it is not uncommon for simms to simply go bad with this system.

I'll do some cleaning sometime tonight, thank god SIMMs 1/2 are 64mbit ones and not the 128mbit lol

Thank you!

I'll do some cleaning sometime tonight, thank god SIMMs 1/2 are 64mbit ones and not the 128mbit lol

Thank you!
Did this ever get resolved? I.e. do your SIMMs still read as NG? I'm seeing an "NG" message in regards to SIMM 5 and I'm wondering how to resolve it.

Thanks!

Back