What's new

Brentradio

Champion
Reaction score
Ok, so here's the deal.

Miisalo created the Sega ST-V Multicart LCD for selecting games.

I would like to change the names that show up on the LCD.
I would also (more importantly) like to DELETE games from the list.

Ideally, I would like to change the order, the name, and delete from the list any game I want.
So if I only want 20 specific games, the LCD goes through all 20 and then back to 1, but doesn't show any open slots.

This would make the ST-V kit much better in my opinion.

Here is the source code for the LCD

I know Miisalo has been busy and not on the forums lately. Maybe someone can contact him in another way to let him know about this thread. Maybe he could offer some insight.

Either way, I was hoping someone with coding skills could hack this code to do the functions above.

I would be willing to pay someone $25 for their efforts to help out the community.

I really love this forum and Darksoft's products and want to see them be as best as they can be...

The code SEEMS relatively straightforward, but I have no idea about it at all...

I would be happy with any of the above suggestions made.

I can see a couple of ways of doing it.

You can modify the game names to only have the games you want (and in the order that you want them in no less) and then change the NUMBER_OF_GAMES definition to be the number of games you actually have in your list. You can increase the number as you add games. Just delete the const lines for the games you don't have.

You could also comment out the const lines for the game names you don't have which should mean they get skipped. I believe this means you will still need to change the NUMBER_OF_GAMES definition and you may also have to delete the pointers underneath to reduce it to the number of games you actually have.

Do a backup of the file first in case this doesn't work, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

Changing the names is easy, just find the names and change them to whatever you want. NOTE that they all need to be exactly 16 characters long so shorter names need to be padded with spaces (this should be apparent when viewing the code).

removing or re-ordering games is much more difficult based on how this is written.
Maybe I'm wrong but it looks to me like the position in the game list is also the binary number that is output to the ST-V for the folder number. so if you remove or re-order games in the selector then you'll also have to change the folder number on the Multi-cart's SD card.

The best solution would be to re-write this section of the code so that the display order and folder number are not tied together.

Does anyone know the upload process?

I have no idea on that end either.

you need to download the Arduino IDE and drivers here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

connect the Arduino to the USB port, open the program
Go to Tools > Board and select the type of Arduino that is being used
then open the ino file and go to File > Upload to compile the program and upload it to the arduino

Back