What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
I am using a Top3000 programmer. My ST-V board has a mask ROM for the BIOS, not an EPROM. Therefore, I am burning the multi bios on a MX27C4100 EPROM. I am getting the following error during verify:

Error at:0000:(FF)

Any special setting I must burn the EPROM at to do this correctly? I have two MX27C4100 EPROM's. Attempting to burn the multi BIOS on either gives me the same error.

Posting a screenshot of the settings you are currently using will help troubleshoot.

Here are the settings (default) after loading the BIN.

loading.jpg

And here are the overall settings (also default)

settings.jpg

I also have a top programmer, when I burn STV multi's with it I use AM27c400 chips but set it to mx27c4100 chip (the only equivalent that this burner supports afaik).

I've found these chips to have a very high failure rate compared with other EPROMs. You're probably not doing anything wrong. Try doing a "read" rather than just verify and see how the buffer looks. If it's all fucked up but some of the bytes match you probably just have bad blanks.

Yeah, Top software is pretty inconsistent in terms of compatibility. It is weird in that when I install it on one PC, I get some features like SEARCH. But when I install the same version on another PC with the same OS (Win7 64-bit), I am missing the SEARCH function. I am forced to navigate through the manufactuer listing to find my chip.

Well, the write process is successful. So to satisfy curiousity, I put the EPROM in the ST-V to see if it works. It doesn't. The read works. Nothing unusual. Weird that I bought two blanks and have the same issue on both. I'll await more feedback before taking a dive with the AM's you mentioned.

what speed version of the eprom are you using, if I may ask...need to burn one for myself.

I also have a top programmer, when I burn STV multi's with it I use AM27c400 chips but set it to mx27c4100 chip (the only equivalent that this burner supports afaik).

I've found these chips to have a very high failure rate compared with other EPROMs. You're probably not doing anything wrong. Try doing a "read" rather than just verify and see how the buffer looks. If it's all fucked up but some of the bytes match you probably just have bad blanks.
I switched to the AM27C400 chips and was able to successfully burn the multi bios. Tossing the MX27C4100 in the garbage.
what speed version of the eprom are you using, if I may ask...need to burn one for myself.
I bought these. Dunno what the speed are on these. They are confirmed working though.

Back