What's new

MechaJubei

Student
Reaction score
I have a NAOMI 2 with a Net DIMM running 4.02 with a CFBoot Chip (zero key) and I'm running into some odd stuff. It seems like some Atomiswave games can boot just fine (Fist of the North Star and Blue Dolphin) and Ikaruga booted fine, but every other game gives an Error 33 (Gateway not found). I've tried around 10 different games. Also, if I try to boot via CF Card for those same games it just loops from "Checking memory...." to "Loading game..." and back non-stop. But again Fist of the North Star loads even on CF.

I did a ton of googling on it and many said it was the fault of the zero key, so I tried taking the zero key out and booted up Fist of the North Star and it gave an error. So at least I know the zero key is working for that game. I double checked all the TCP/IP settings, I can ping my NAOMI, and transfergame.exe works just fine and transfers the game. It's just when everything reboots that I get the error.

I've tried three different Net DIMM boards and two different NAOMI 2 boards. I'm about to try the 3rd NAOMI 2 board.

Anyone else ran into this? This stupid Error 33 is driving me nuts.

Error 33 is pretty much always the PIC. Technically it could be the dimm too but that's unlikely. I'd grab a new 0 key before you do anything else.

there is a python script the lets you netboot without a zero pic.

http://neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24159&start=300
Located at the link above in the bonus section. it also has the dependencies python will need to execute the script. its a good way to know which is giving you trouble

Edit:
Cf zero pics are different to netboot zero pics

Welp, I was able to get my hands on another zero key today and you guys were right - solved my problems. So strange because the other one was working fine and then just started acting up yesterday. Voltage on everything is spot on so don't know what happened. Anyway, thanks all!

Back