What's new
*Reaches for his yellow cards*

55294223.jpg

Whoa guys let's take a step back from the edge else this thread be locked.
I ain't mad, just wana talk about games obsessively. :)

So the Diamond and 1080p, according to my PC the panel native resolution is 1360x768.
Yes it will accept it, however because of scale artifacting/misalignment it's best to feed native.
3XbSEel.jpg

To me with LCDs it appears image quality is always in direct contrast to panel lag.
My BenQ blows away Samsung in terms of speed, but image quality? Samsung is way more vivid with less boom.

I might describe the Diamond vs New LCD like that...
Diamond is faster (you can see it next to the New using a VGA splitter and displaying on both screens) New looks more vivid/better with a native panel rez of 1920x1080.

So the Diamond and 1080p, according to my PC the panel native resolution is 1360x768.
Yes it will accept it, however because of scale artifacting/misalignment it's best to feed native.
And it is surprising that it will display anything at all if you force him into 1080p via vga. When 1080p became a Standard the industry agreed that it would only be possible to display it via digital signal to prevent recording it. So a lot of tvs would need dvi or hdmi for 1080p, only samsung would allow it via vga and yuv.

Now , when you connect you screen via DVI (to dvi or to hdmi) you will see that it will display 1:1 1080p.

do you always have these vertical yellow stripes ?

do you always have these vertical yellow stripes
Seems less noticeable with the NES + OSSC outputting to DVI directly... But yes, you can most see them on solid light colors.

do you always have these vertical yellow stripes
Seems less noticeable with the NES + OSSC outputting to DVI directly... But yes, you can most see them on solid light colors.
try cleaning the stuff out of it and see if that fixes the issues.. Jan created a guide and I think we had talked about in a different tread.

i have another guide ready that includes backlight cleaning, i have not put it online as there is definitely a risk that you will end up with a broken screen. but thats not what irritates me, the stripes should be horizontal if it was due to the backlight, not vertical.

Hi!
I own a Diamond (Panasonic)
Playing with the OSSC I found some issues with the resolution as the panel doesn't like the scans from the OSSC (in triple mode) and I bought a dvdo (for help in the 720p upscale to 1080)
All this was thinking my panel was 1080p,

But...

https://imgur.com/gallery/F7og6

Sending the patterns from the dvdo looks clear that (the Panasonic ) is a 1360x768 native panel.

Also can play 1080p making downscale, but not the same and is a problem for obtain the best from the OSSC and upscaled games.

I will follow the evolution of the spare of 1080p vewlix monitors

Any new ?

I will follow the evolution of the spare of 1080p vewlix monitors

Any new ?
Derick2k got one... I tried to order one, but they sold out in less than a week (even at 1,400$)!
I'm told the restock will be late May early June.

I don't want to steal his thunder, but this was his lag test (all credits belong to D) of the new screen he shared privately with me...
eWSxEEI.jpg

According to D, they've removed the HDMI port again (the old LCDs didn't have it, the new old LCD had it, but the new new again removes it).
Based on that fact alone I would be willing to bet the new screens can't do native 1080p.

What they will accept for refresh/sync is yet to be determined, if they support 50~60hz modes it will be well worth the cash (R-type from the OSSC is like 55hz).
I wish Taito would just go for the gold and sell me a Vewlix drop in replacement that did 4K resolution, 50~60hz refresh, oled based, with HDMI/DVI/VGA ports.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! For me, the resolution (with low lag) is the only "must" to switch the mine.

We'll have to wait

I am really liking this new display, gonna have to put them side-by-side and do a comparison.

I just ordered a DVDO iScan VP30, I'm not sure if it will provide any additional support for strange boards (like Super Buster Bros./R-Type) but here goes nothing (and by nothing I mean another 180$).
GAgJ7fX.jpg

Soon as Taito restocks the New New LCD I'll place an order.
Yugo just emailed me yesterday to inform me my replacement marquee holder and control panel surround are ready to ship out this coming week. :)
WlrOQjp.jpg

dgBiuwk.jpg

Yes for thos interested, I will be selling my used parts... Potential buyers beware however, they are damaged (this is why they are replaced)!
VK9KWkz.jpg

c62caSb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be interested in that control panel surround. I can't tell from the picture, what exactly is wrong with it?

I just ordered a DVDO iScan VP30, I'm not sure if it will provide any additional support for strange boards (like Super Buster Bros./R-Type) but here goes nothing (and by nothing I mean another 180$).
GAgJ7fX.jpg

Soon as Taito restocks the New New LCD I'll place an order.
Yugo just emailed me yesterday to inform me my replacement marquee holder and control panel surround are ready to ship out this coming week. :)
WlrOQjp.jpg

dgBiuwk.jpg

Yes for thos interested, I will be selling my used parts... Potential buyers beware however, they are damaged (this is why they are replaced)!
VK9KWkz.jpg

c62caSb.jpg
Is beautiful..
The MvC artwork in the Vewlix C came from you (ebay)! :)
I would love if you started offering complete "Vewlix" style art packs/prints.
can you PM me your mailing address? Thanks

Back