What's new
J

jassin000

My Vewlix Diamond came today...
HqEEeM6.jpg

Wasted no time giving it a once over with water/alcohol (it seemed like it was bathed in nicotine).
I also removed the parts I'm not going to use (sell) but more on this later... ;)

Thanks JuS7Chris, sadly this also came with some of the nastiest shipping damage I've seen yet!
FedEx freight you are on the list.

Crushed left side marquee holder (I already bent it back with pliers so it would hold the Plexiglas correctly).
VK9KWkz.jpg

Dented lower right hand side, thankfully not in a highly noticeable spot but still depressing.
XnsmGYV.jpg

Man, wtf is up with the freight shippers. Maybe you can order that piece from Taito.

Also, gonna have to send you a blue ashtray now ;)

Huh... So it has been suggested to me many times that I "wasted" my money on the "New LCD" because the Diamond was better.
qqblbwq.jpg

As you can see, the PC properly detects that the Diamond LCD's native panel resolution is 1360x768, just like all the other stock Vewlix LCDs.
Also missing is a HDMI port (yes it has 1x DVI, but the New type has all 3 VGA/DVI/HDMI) and can you see the dimming at the corners?
Yea IDK what's up with that, at the edges the image gets dimmer.

My official conclusion is that my original statement WAS 100% correct! That was... "The only thing better about the Diamond LCD is the refresh rate"

NEW LCD vs. Diamond LCD
Native Panel resolution: 1920x1080 vs. 1360x768
VGA Port: Yes vs. Yes
HDMI Port: Yes vs. No
External PSU: No vs. No (this is really nice, the Sanwa LCD in the Capcom isn't this way)
Refresh rate: 25ms vs. undetermined (my lag tester is for HDMI devices only, however I believe the Diamond to be very fast just watching it cycle fasting moving objects)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Better" is always relative.. for most of us, a "better" LCD panel is the one that supports natively the game's native resolution..

Scaling is never a good thing :)

congrats on the Diamond and sorry to see that it got F up by the shipping company. Thanks for the feedback on the Diamond LCD..waiting to see the refresh rate results.

Last edited:
If you say it has no HDMI does this mean it has no DVI either? Would be very strange if not...even my old Vewlix L AMI has it.

You wasted you Money bemause you paid 1500$ for a Lowtech 32" Screen.

For the FullHD , check what Screen you have build in, both IPS Tech and Panasonic are 1080p Screens.

Dvi = HDMI btw

You wasted you Money bemause you paid 1500$ for a Lowtech 32" Screen.

For the FullHD , check what Screen you have build in, both IPS Tech and Panasonic are 1080p Screens.

Dvi = HDMI btw
Is it possible that someone have removed the original Vewlix Diamond LCD and replaced with thing else?

Dark corners or stripes are a sign for dirt on the backlight or backlight matts.

would also like to know if you connected it via DVI or VGA ?

@Sell

doubt it , but who knows. From the Picture , it is 2nd revision, i.e. it should have a panasonic screen.

Last edited:
Maybe you can order that piece from Taito.
WlrOQjp.jpg

Boom! Yugo got my back on this one... Damn tho bro guess what that one bracket is worth? ;)

I'm going to order the bracket, the K harness (two player official button harness), another JAMMA kit and the JVS power supply.
See and I was thinking I'd get away with spending less than 5K on a Vewlix. :P

Thanks for the feedback on the Diamond LCD
Honestly if I have ANY money left after I fix/order all the above stuff I just mentioned...
I want that New LCD you've got (no I don't expect you to hold it for me)!

Yes I will sell off this supposedly better (but honestly looks worse and don't shoot the messenger because I own both) Diamond Toshiba LCD.
euRLMkw.jpg

• Dislike
Reactions: Jan
Maybe you can order that piece from Taito.
WlrOQjp.jpg

Boom! Yugo got my back on this one... Damn tho bro guess what that one bracket is worth? ;)

I'm going to order the bracket, the K harness (two player official button harness), another JAMMA kit and the JVS power supply.
See and I was thinking I'd get away with spending less than 5K on a Vewlix. :P
Nice!

I am afraid of the price :)

Can you get me locks for 2 cabs?

My Anycoin (in white) came today, wasted no time installing it into the Diamond...
0YcTv8a.jpg

Now I'm accepting Taito tokens in both Vewlix cabs. :)
pejWHdg.jpg

I had to drill out the coin door lock...
xfIvou3.jpg

Which had been changed from the official 1153 to some unknown "dimple" key lock, I understand this is common practice in working arcades.

Finally I spent a good amount of time scrubbing away (with a Magic Eraser) on the stainless steel control panel surround...
c62caSb.jpg

Removing dirt/handgrime/rust from the lip, ready to mount my new 2J14B panel on (when if finally ships from Japan).
I am afraid of the price
150$ before fees/conversion/blahblah... Yes I will hook you up with 10 (2x full sets) of 1153 locks when I order again. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
can you please open the back and check what screen is inside ? IPS Alpha or Panasonic. would also be interesting to see what panel you have inside, you just been to remove the screen and open the two back covers from it.

i just tested, both Screens do 1080p via DVI just fine (and get recognized by Windows with the correct res.). I suggest you give your Panel and Backlight a proper cleaning.

Last edited:
Back