What's new

kardus

Student
Reaction score
Thinking of picking up another (preferably suicided) CPS2 B board for my multikit I have laying around. Does anyone have any idea what boards already come with the correct jumper/bodge wiring setup for the multikit? I believe last time I had an Alpha 3 board which was already setup properly. I'm in contact with someone that has a few boards and was wondering which one to take.

Any clue if any of these are?

Darkstalkers : night warriors
Xmen vs. Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha 2
X-men: Children of the Atom
Marvel Super Heroes

My Darkstalkers was a rev 4, and a D pal. Fwiw running the jumper cable was easy if you can solder. Jumpers needed soldering and cutting both. Also pretty easy. I think I was more anxious about bending a pin when seating the kit.

I say just buy a working MvC and [CENSORED ;)] it. Jumpers are stock perfect, it's a rev7 board and it already has a GPAL.

Are there usually any markings or stickers on the outside of B boards letting people know if it was a later revision or had work done on it? I'm buying from someone locally and those are my choices I listed above. Soldering really isn't a problem for me, I just figured I would be better off saving myself some trouble.

EDIT: also pal doesn't matter, as I bought an extra when I bought the multikit

I would assume that all PAL G games run on a rev 7 board
Nope, Capcom recycled old B boards for the PAL G games and you can find them in various revs.
Yeah, correct, now you mention it, I have opened up some boards which where original on battery and also had their jumpers resoldered etc.

The 2 suicided boards I had were both G PAL and rev 7 boards fortunately, MvC and MvSF were both jumpered correctly (the MvSF is running my multi now)

I had another MvC that was also jumpered correctly so I assume MvC is typically a good choice

SSF2X is a weird one and given the price not one I'd use for the multi, but if you were to do so the jumpers would need to be changed, PAL replaced (it's a B PAL) and daughter board removed

Darkstalkers needs a replacement PAL (comes with D PAL), not sure about jumpers, likewise AvP (B PAL - but again not a board I'd use given price), X Men v SF needs a jumper or a replacement PAL (comes with F PAL), unsure of jumpers

Just buy the cheapest board you can then modify as required to suit.

My friend and I installed two Darksoft kits yesterday. We used a couple of Jap Mahjong games. They were Rev 7 boards, had the right jumpers from the factory but had B Pals.

Back