What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a reply from a youtuber regarding the NEOSD vs Multi MVS. Any comments? So we can't play original roms or...?

"Yes, the loading time looks great but personally I prefer being able to play the original ROMs rather than some of the hacked versions. The DS cart does not work the same way as the Neo SD and as result you have to play hacked versions of games which had protection. Sure that might not bother some people. The other nice thing with the Neo SD is the cart boots instantly every time you power up the MVS - that is not true of the DS cart, you have to wait until it progams the game on power up, which isn't a long wait but it's not the same as booting a cart just like the original copy of the game. You can put the Neo SD in a cab, put it in protect mode and it boots and behaves just like a real version of the game.All that said, it still looks like a good cart, but the Neo SD has sold huge numbers since December last year, and had a lot of updates to get everything working well on all the variations of MVS and AES boards. I am sure collectors will pickup a copy, and the people that waited because they want faster loading times. I cannot afford one unfortunately, and prefer to stick with what I have as it does everything I could possibly want. The only benefit of the DS in my mind is faster loading and tbh I am not bothered about that, but that would be very useful to anyone wanting to develop for the Neo Geo."

Here is a reply from a youtuber regarding the NEOSD vs Multi MVS. Any comments? So we can't play original roms or...?

"Yes, the loading time looks great but personally I prefer being able to play the original ROMs rather than some of the hacked versions. The DS cart does not work the same way as the Neo SD and as result you have to play hacked versions of games which had protection. Sure that might not bother some people. The other nice thing with the Neo SD is the cart boots instantly every time you power up the MVS - that is not true of the DS cart, you have to wait until it progams the game on power up, which isn't a long wait but it's not the same as booting a cart just like the original copy of the game. You can put the Neo SD in a cab, put it in protect mode and it boots and behaves just like a real version of the game.All that said, it still looks like a good cart, but the Neo SD has sold huge numbers since December last year, and had a lot of updates to get everything working well on all the variations of MVS and AES boards. I am sure collectors will pickup a copy, and the people that waited because they want faster loading times. I cannot afford one unfortunately, and prefer to stick with what I have as it does everything I could possibly want. The only benefit of the DS in my mind is faster loading and tbh I am not bothered about that, but that would be very useful to anyone wanting to develop for the Neo Geo."
I've heard that speech before. Did he copy/paste from NG forum?

Humm idk. It was a comment under a video. But can it play original roms tho?

You should check out the forums here and do some research if you are going to ask that question, but I can be a nice and save you the time. The answer is yes it can.

Humm idk. It was a comment under a video. But can it play original roms tho?
The answer (as of the most recent update) is that the cart can play all original unpatched roms, except for Metal Slug X.

Yeaaaaaaa!!!!!

Edit: ok @Darksoft not fair to post this and not post an ordering link!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes it is.
IMG_1719.JPG

actually before I get to play a DS MVS, I got a set of these:

DS CPS2 Multi, DS F3 Multi, DS ST-V Multi, DS CPS3 Multibios

It's been a good wait!

(I guess that's a "blue balls" joke given your neosd posts above; I am patient for proven DS quality)

Last edited:
actually before I get to play a DS MVS, I got a set of these:

DS CPS2 Multi, DS F3 Multi, DS ST-V Multi, DS CPS3 Multibios

It's been a good wait!

(I guess that's a "blue balls" joke given your neosd posts above; I am patient for proven DS quality)
Indeed blue balls. All in good humor of course. ;) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back