What's new
i don't mean to necro-bump but @TopTierArcade was asking about this in another thread anyway. If one of those smart people needs a head start... maybe this is useful? Maybe it's not but hey I'm trying!

This isn't a pure .bin file, but the mvsc2.zip runs in demul (put in the the /Roms dir).
The associated mvsc2.sram and mvsc2.eeprom files are also here (put them in the /nvram dir) that I believe allow the unlocks to happen automatically.

https://mega.nz/#!4hBQkQKR!xsZnQnq3NQiNikjuTw-sJUPxElgTeGcpaGJr-2LJP2M
https://mega.nz/#!B8RHiLxL!uT9GknSqjEf8k7tb_hIfNJLZRx0VTIRZjqhY4ZFAxUQ
https://mega.nz/#!Uso1SLwZ!IaV959ZCM6HgPfYKYDDYtf1M44NYg-4SvFlFVnFpUsM

I'm with @Malenko, lazy as hell. So it may not be worth an expert's time but maybe someone would consider it fun and is looking for a hack to solve

Last edited:
This won't be a simple hack to do cause Capcom programming isn't the greatest and to the point that code is fine not really worth it as well and i say this as some one that has reversed engineered some stuff from that game already.

5gHldre.png

There is a funny story why srk has the unlock codes. Evo In 02 or 03 when it was still arcade only they had to unlock all the characters the hard way by wiring up coin as a button and repeatedly hit it for hours. Some one emailed Capcom for unlock codes to prevent that from happening again.

I would contribute $75USD to a bounty on this. Anyone else? Make it worth someone's time!

Requirements:
A simple way to net/CF boot MvC2/Project Justice with everything unlocked.

I would contribute $75USD to a bounty on this. Anyone else? Make it worth someone's time!

Requirements:
A simple way to net/CF boot MvC2/Project Justice with everything unlocked.
I would also contribute cash dollars to this.

its all has been figured out far ago. games store all its work data in 32KB SRAM (battery backuped) on NAOMI motherboard. high scores, settings, unlockables, play stats etc - all is there.

so, perhaps it worth to solve problem in general insted of hacking all the games ?

I mean make tool for backup SRAM contents before uploading new game, and restoring it back later ?
existent triforcetools.py have functions for this - HOST_Read4 HOST_Poke4
so someone have to implement routines which will read/write SRAM area (0xA0200000 - 0xA0207FFF) using that functions
Read back in the thread. this could be a fun little project to work on. I may play around with it once I finish up with the things I have going on right now.

possible deal:
right now preservation community sniping one undumped NAOMI cartridge, but currently haven't enough funds, I think there will be needed about $150-200 more than they have now.

if you guys will donate mentioned amount of money to The Dumping Union - I can make unlock hacks of 2 games you asking for (MvC2 and Project Justice).

deal is time limited, auction will end in ~4days.

That is pretty awesome, MetalliC. You should start a thread to bring attention to that too, along with a link. I bet AP could help hit the goal quickly!

possible deal:
right now preservation community sniping one undumped NAOMI cartridge, but currently haven't enough funds, I think there will be needed about $150-200 more than they have now.

if you guys will donate mentioned amount of money to The Dumping Union - I can make unlock hacks of 2 games you asking for (MvC2 and Project Justice).

deal is time limited, auction will end in ~4days.
Seems like a worthwhile venture. I can throw something at it, who do I get in touch with?

ya dude. that's two birds with one stone...

early bonus:
final Code #4 for MvsC2 Japan region, which seems was unknown until this moment -
enter Test Mode, then Game Test Mode, then Game Configuration. Move cursor to "TIMER SPEED". Press in order:
HP, LK, A1, HK, A2, LP.
Exit Game Configuration (Save & Exit).

note: first 3 codes must be already entered before

Last edited:
lol, hey guys. I ended up finding the way to work the unlock codes. My characters will save as long as I don't choose a different game, but if I power cycle, all good. @MetalliC, I never knew that there was a 4th code??!!!!!? I will try that later on. If there was a ROM to be made with unlocked characters, I would contribute as well. Everyone on this site have been awesome, so I would love to support in any way.

for everyone interested: at this point we collecting pledges. please post here amount of $$ you wish to donate later.
if/when we win mentioned earlier NAOMI item you'll be provided info where to send PayPal/Gift.

so far we have:
@Darksoft $100
@plasia $75
@ekorz $25
@Smurph $50
@TopTierArcade $40

@TopTierArcade
MvC2 have 4 unlock codes, they are different for NAOMI with US/Export or Japan BIOS, all 4 was known for US, but only 3 for JP.
actual hack for all chars unlock is done, now in testing stage...

Last edited:
I don't why it just came to me but you're probably going to just edit the default settings to match the unlocks.

for everyone interested: at this point we collecting pledges. please post here amount of $$ you wish to donate later.
if/when we win mentioned earlier NAOMI item you'll be provided info where to send PayPal/Gift.
so far we have:
Darksoft $100

@TopTierArcade
MvC2 have 4 unlock codes, they are different for NAOMI with US/Export or Japan BIOS, all 4 was known for US, but only 3 for JP.
actual hack for all chars unlock is done, now in testing stage...
$75usd

@MetalliC +$25usd

...and I'm also hoping that the mysterious 'undumped' naomi game will also end up in cf/netboot-able status!

Back