What's new
I'm currently stuck at work, I can give it a go tonight/this weekend.

*Update* ready and willing to test, PM over the HEX edit details plz. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah shoot, just left for a business trip. I'll be back in a little over a week, definitely happy to test then.

please check this patch for Capcom_vs_SNK_Millenium_Fight_2000.BIN:
Code:
offset   old new
00000134: 41 42
00000136: 43 54
0012EB9D: 00 07
0012EBB1: 00 07
0012EBC5: 00 07
0012EBD9: 00 07
0012EBED: 00 07
0012EC01: 00 07
0012EC15: 00 07
0012EC29: 00 07
0022E0C5: 00 07
0022E0D9: 00 07
0022E0ED: 00 07
0022E101: 00 07
0022E115: 00 07
0022E129: 00 07
0022E13D: 00 07
0022E151: 00 07
same as in other games - unlock will be applied each time when booting after some other game, not CvSNK.

qMpzujg.jpg

OljbFYR.jpg

EnQYfov.jpg

So I think this works?
No characters are blacked out (does that normally happen in this game?) and this "Evil Ryu" level is selectable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think power stone 2 would still benefit, though entering the codes isn't horrible. Both characters and weapons unlocks if possible.

I second Powerstone 2, having everything unlocked by default would be really useful! There are so many weapons locked away by default that it's an active detriment to the game to not enter the passwords before playing. There's also a code for one hidden character, but the Dreamcast version had a second one, the shopkeeper. It's entirely possible that they added her after the arcade release when making the extra home features and modifications, but it'd be interesting if that wasn't the case and she was in the arcade version too...

Capcom VS SNK 2 has a password feature to unlock a choice of different gameplay modes in the test mode, that'd be neat as I like 3v3 better than default ratio mode. I also wonder if there are undiscovered codes that unlock boss characters at all? But that's quite a niche gain for the potential work involved - Powerstone 2 would be so worth it instead.

If PS2 really had that many weapons locked up perhaps this should be the next game?
I never knew it had very much so IDK.

If PS2 really had that many weapons locked up perhaps this should be the next game?
I never knew it had very much so IDK.
Next time you start it up, let it run the attract mode for a bit. It'll eventually show an "available items" screen with small pictures of all the items in a high-score-like table, with all locked ones as silhouettes. You'll see from that how many there are! On the DC version, you bought gatcha pulls from a shop using the coins you earn in campaign mode to unlock them, but I think Naomi is based on credits like MvC2.

I second Powerstone 2, having everything unlocked by default would be really useful! There are so many weapons locked away by default that it's an active detriment to the game to not enter the passwords before playing. There's also a code for one hidden character, but the Dreamcast version had a second one, the shopkeeper. It's entirely possible that they added her after the arcade release when making the extra home features and modifications, but it'd be interesting if that wasn't the case and she was in the arcade version too...

Capcom VS SNK 2 has a password feature to unlock a choice of different gameplay modes in the test mode, that'd be neat as I like 3v3 better than default ratio mode. I also wonder if there are undiscovered codes that unlock boss characters at all? But that's quite a niche gain for the potential work involved - Powerstone 2 would be so worth it instead.
@MetalliC knows all.

See here for the shopkeeper:

Let's unlock power stone 2 once and for all

And here for undocumented CVS2 codes:

One-stop place with all NAOMI game unlock codes and passwords ?

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that thread, feels like a long time ago now :)

Back