What's new

SM009

Beginner
Reaction score
hey guys/gals, I'm just getting into coin op / arcade stuff...

I don't know if these are allowed here but my first machine just happens to be the dreaded ........ wait for it........ Cherry Master...!!!

if these aren't allowed just let me know and ill find answers elsewhere...!

Thanks...

I don't think we have a rule about qualifying arcade machines here, IF we do I am totally unaware of it.

I say ask away, you just may not find many answers... As I don't personally know anyone who owns one.

Video card game or gambling machine.

BTW. Welcome!

Welcome!

I dont think I have seen anyone post about any of the gambling machines, but feel free to post about it.

Ok thanks, yes it's an old video poker/slots machine. Better known as an 8 liner. I'm wanting to update everything except the actual game board and cabinet. I have a new power supply, wire harness, buttons and a new wells-Gardner 19" LCD monitor.
I need to know how to hook the monitor up right now as there are no directions...
actually the old monitor (crt) I think it's called works perfectly with no screen burn or anything, I just wanted to maybe update everything to run cooler and maybe use a little less power..???
Also is it a good idea to run arcades on a surge protector..??? Thanks for now, and there will be lots more questions to come...!!!

Last edited:
Encoder..? No I was told that it would "go right in"..!
Although I've learned to never believe that.. lol
So that's why I'm here, I've heard of video converters and thought that's what I needed but I don't exactly know what I need, as there are so many different ones.

and no this one is not a touch screen. From what I've kinda figured out those are the vga boards.

The newer ones maybe but a majority just have a button below where the card appears on screen.

just for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    378.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1412.JPG
    IMG_1412.JPG
    525.9 KB · Views: 178
I ordered this, from what I have been able to find on other games this seems to be the part I need for the monitor.

Attachments

• IMG_1413.PNG
    IMG_1413.PNG
    226.1 KB · Views: 228
We would need more info. Mainly how your old monitor was hooked up, wiring etc and how the new one looks and it's connectors.

I ordered this, from what I have been able to find on other games this seems to be the part I need for the monitor.
Ah yes, I've used a gonbes gbs-8220 before, yea I think for a video poker machine that will actually be ok.
It will simply scale the 15k input into 31k output (rgbs > vga).

The problem I had with it is fast motion scenes (like fighting games/shooters for example) cause the screen to tear.
This is because the refresh rate on that is horrific!
Slow moving images, like you would expect with a card game should be mostly unnoticeable.

I sent mine (donation) to Werejag, perhaps he'll chime-in with his results/usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was going to post pictures tonight when I got home. I haven't received the converter yet but I can get the model number of it to when I get home.

Btw: in order to get access to the KLOV forums I need someone who is already a member to recommend me, or I'll need to make a donation..! Some new spam/scammer rules they have. If anyone here is a member and could recommend me that would be great, but I also don't mind making a donation but it would have to be next month... I'm on a fixed income and I've busted my limit for this month...!
From what I can remember, the CRT monitor has a 4 or 5 wire plug and a 2 wire plug both coming from the PCB, and 2 wires that actually power the monitor through the isolation transformer, from what I've read online the new converter uses all the wires except power because it has its own wires that you run to the power supply, but like I said I'll get pictures and part numbers later this evening.
I was looking and as of now I have everything except a cabinet and a game board to build an entire new machine, and since the one I have is complete and works and is in excellent shape I might just build a new one that's updated with new stuff and just set the old one aside and preserve it...? Idk just a thought.

Well if your monitor was said to be a drop in then maybe you don't even need that converter. That's why I'd like to see what you are working with already.

I might just build a new one that's updated with new stuff and just set the old one aside and preserve it...? Idk just a thought.
I wouldn't think the collectability of these would be so high that it would be worth it to keep one at original specs.
Then again I removed the factory LCD from a Vewlix C and sold it, so I clearly don't give a shit about preservation. ;)

Well if your monitor was said to be a drop in then maybe you don't even need that converter.
Yea good point Mits, if it really is a "drop in" then it should have a scaler onboard (aka no need for a external/GBS).

Ok, I'll post a picture this evening. I took it out of the box once to just look at it but all I seen was the video input cable connection and a length of wires in a black casing that was the LCD controls and the little port for the power brick. But I'll definitely get more detailed pics this evening.

Back