What's new

mastercello

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Pablo

What is the status on the games not working still for the ST-V?
Maybe i miss the infos, but not sure.

Will the protected ones also work in the near future?

Code:
Astra Super Stars                             | astrasss |   100000   | 2P (Protected)
Decathlete                                    | decathlt |   000100   | 2P (Protected)
Touryuu Densetsu Elan Doreé                   | elandore |   010100   | 2P (Protected)
Final Fight Revenge                           | ffreveng |   110100   | 2P (Protected)
Steep Slope Sliders                           | sss      |   010001   | 1P (Protected)
Tecmo World Cup '98                           | twcup98  |   001001   | 2P (Protected)
Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Of the group I am most interested in Steel Slope Sliders and Decathlete...

We are hoping someone will decrypt the roms for MAME. As soon as that is done they will work on the cart. Darksoft himself is not working on this now.

Well keen on some Astra Super Stars action, do we know if there is any groups working on decrypting ST-V games?

Astra Super Stars was cracked about 2 months ago by Andreas. I know this because I was involved in some discussions about it.
it's using the same protection chip as some other games on different hardware (a Naomi ROM cart and I think maybe one of the Hikaru games). So it should be working in MAME. or at least decrypted.
The weakness of it was using it in a NAOMI cart because we can run trojans on there and get feedback out of it to a PC directly.
the other games like Decathlete use different chips that are not used on NAOMI carts and are thus unknown. The one on Decathlete is probably also used in one of the Model 2B security boards but with a different encryption key. currently there's no way to trojan those chips and probably no one is really that interested in spending a lot of serious time for just one game.
The best encryption cracker is part of the MAME Team. Just watch MAME like you should be doing anyway ;)
If you see it in MAME it's cracked. If not, it's not.

Last edited:
Awsome thanks for all the great info :)

I'll check out Astra Super Stars when I get my Multicart up and running.

And I'll keep an eye on the MAME scene.

Awsome thanks for all the great info :)

I'll check out Astra Super Stars when I get my Multicart up and running.

And I'll keep an eye on the MAME scene.
The missing games have been cracked or better said the encryption/protection chip has been emulated, so it works now like the original.

If you try to use the MAME romset, it's the same as before, because what has changed is the MAME driver for STV.

As soon as I have some time I will crack/change the code in those 6 protected games so that they run without the need of that encryption chip.

As soon as I have some time I will crack/change the code in those 6 protected games so that they run without the need of that encryption chip.
Hi, any news about the code of those 6 protected games?!
:D

The missing games have been cracked or better said the encryption/protection chip has been emulated, so it works now like the original.
If you try to use the MAME romset, it's the same as before, because what has changed is the MAME driver for STV.

It's great to know that this is only a time issue and not something more substantial.

I bet once these last games are fixed, the demand will be there for another run of the ST-V multi...as all of those games would add a lot of value to the multi.

Excellent news :)
Thank you for providing support to the ST-V
I'll probably test it tonight and keep you posted ...

Back