What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
So I saw that Type X3 with Puzzle & Dragon on YAJ this week and finally decided to snatch it up. What I/O's and such do I need to run an X3 setup? Is it more or less plug and play in a JVS cab like the X/X2?

For the X3 you need,

1.) FastIO
2.) RFID Reader
3.) Touch Screen monitor ( Puzzle & Dragons ONLY ).

What does the RFID pcb look like? Got a picture of the pcb. It's the last thing I need to track down.

Are all of these required to make the games boot? Do I need the rectangular pcbs or is the square one enough?

not 100% but i would say you need both boards.

ill test either today or tomorrow

Edit: if your handy with code i can send you some logs. it runs on jvs

just tested the square board by it self and games do work with only that attached. i did have an issue loading a game the first couple of times. but that could be related to timings with when other things load or it could be the board doesn't initialize correctly every time without the other board.

Awesome. Found just the square board on YAJ. What wiring harness will I need to make?

You need a standard JST connector for power and a regular USB A to Mini B cable.

I have the dedicated cab if anyone wants photos of how things are hooked up let me know.

Is there anyway to save progress in game? Seems like nesica reader doesn't work without the nesys log in, which makes it impossible to save even when playing single player. Anyone know if there's a way? I just want to be able to save the monsters I collect.

havent got the game but i'd say its just like all the others and uses nesys to save your progress with a nesica card. at this time there is nothing you can do to be able to save. this might change in the future though

some pics of the machine would be awesome. including model numbers of the screen would be insanely awesome ;)

Sure let me go take some pics, I also have the manual with the schematics if that helps.

Here's a few pics I took, let me know if I'm missing anything.

From reading the menu one of these is an amp for the headphones. Also the flashing lights sync with the action in game during battle, so I believe it's either controlled by one of these boards or through a driver in the software? The monitor is 1080P.

Also I've tried hooking up the monitor to a PC just to test it, it uses a DVI-D and a USB for the touch, in Windows without the driver the touch still works but you have to tap like 2-3 times before it recognizes, with the Taito x3 and puzzle dragon the touch runs flawlessly. I'm going to see if there's a windows driver available to download just to mess around with a PC.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    533.8 KB · Views: 1,267
  • image14.JPG
    image14.JPG
    638.1 KB · Views: 1,706
  • image7.JPG
    image7.JPG
    477.5 KB · Views: 1,277
  • image8.JPG
    image8.JPG
    629.8 KB · Views: 1,191
  • image9.JPG
    image9.JPG
    528.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    519 KB · Views: 1,104
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    540.7 KB · Views: 1,085
  • image11.JPG
    image11.JPG
    663.8 KB · Views: 1,195
  • image10.JPG
    image10.JPG
    656.2 KB · Views: 1,305
  • image12.JPG
    image12.JPG
    591.6 KB · Views: 1,348
Last edited:
got a scanner? scan in the schematic. if you dont mind. thanks

I have one of the headphone amp boards. Do you mind if I bug you later? I'd like to get it hooked up to my Vewlix somehow. But it's a project low on my list at the moment.

sure no problem just let me know.

So it seems like the LG monitor LM215WF3 is only the display panel, the touch digitizer is another board hidden inside the metal case I would need to open up to find out what it is.

Also the card reader is near the CP location I would need to open that too to access it.

BTW does anyone know a good place that does custom cut metal control panels? I really want to switch a 1L6B onto this cab, without damaging the original control panel of course.

Funny enough the LM215WF3 is also used as the screen for a 21.5" iMac, so at least it's a readily available. There's no USB port on that though unfortunately, so we'll likely still need to know what the digitizer board is. But hurrah for progress. Thank you DeadTed.

Edit: I also reached out to Taito's overseas department to see if this is something they're able to supply.

Last edited:
Taito cannot supply this screen. "Please repair the original" was part of their reply.

Here are some more info on the digitizer. It's a NanoTS NM-ML0215-NPCD

I couldn't find any info on it. I'd like to find a driver so I can use it for a PC.

---

Attachments

• IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    510.2 KB · Views: 1,094
  • IMG_1351.JPG
    IMG_1351.JPG
    631.6 KB · Views: 1,135
  • IMG_1352.JPG
    IMG_1352.JPG
    560.6 KB · Views: 1,005
Last edited: