What's new

Philbee90

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a Ridge racer v machine with a strange error on startup. "acsetup ram buffer mismatch" is the fault. Has anyone seen this before?

IMG_20161122_135941.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161122_140137.jpg
    IMG_20161122_140137.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 315
There's a daughterboard inside the metal cage for the racing System 246 board which has a bank of DRAM chips. I don't know how many RR5 require but I am sure you can open the metal cage of the working side RR5 to check.

Hi, I know it's taken ages for me to get back to you on this but I've changed the dram chips and I still have the same error. I've swapped the motherboard (top), power cables, ide lead and still have the same error

Was it working before or it's just a new unit that you installed. In other words, are you sure that you have the right unit installed there? I have the feeling that some 246 Driving have differences on the motherboard between WMN and RRV.

Did you try changing the buffers on the board? Those could be the reason.

See picture attached.

I found some here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-LVTH...m2aa4ba7ad3:g:aQYAAOSwxxVavFXd&frcectupt=true

Attachments

• 246A_Buffers.jpeg
    246A_Buffers.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 199
Hi Darksoft,
Thanks for replying, I've since said goodbye to the rr machine. I still have some parts. I didn't manage to get it going in the end, pity, I would have liked to change the ram and see if it sorted it.

Back