What's new

FrizzleFried

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...so I just bought a Yellow Lindburgh House of the Dead 4 setup... all hardware... just no cabinet or monitor. It was suppose to be working... I had to buy it... it was only $200 + shipping from a friend. Can't pass that up. But now...

What to do with it?

All hardware as in guns and sensors, too?

Being that I have no gun setups for Sega shooters, I'd be taking that and getting it set up!

If you have the correct video card, you can go with a multi-kit and get access to a few more shooters and other Lindbergh games.

Yes sir... I am supposed to be getting it all ... wiring harnesses, sensors, guns, etc. I have a Lost World cabinet but really wouldn't want to permanently modify it or anything... I guess it comes down to either finding or building a cabinet...

There was a guy on Youtube who put the sensors all around his tv and played HOTD4 on his large hdtv.

Sort of off topic, but your garagecade and website detailing it is epic. :thumbsup: I wish I were your neighbor! hah!

Yes sir... I am supposed to be getting it all ... wiring harnesses, sensors, guns, etc. I have a Lost World cabinet but really wouldn't want to permanently modify it or anything... I guess it comes down to either finding or building a cabinet...
The biggest problem is that your Lost world monitor is likely Medium resolution and the lowest res you can play HOTD4 at is 640x480.

The gun tracking hardware and the gun board is the same so those guns should work with HOTD4 for pointing and shooting, however HOTD4 guns have an accelerometer in them to detect "shaking" which is part of the game, and that's something the lost world guns don't have.

you can pickup a Multi kit for that Lindbergh (Mitsu sells one, and there is a different one floating around) though and play the few other Lindbergh shooters (Lets Go Jungle, 2Spicy, Rambo), the HOTD4 version on the multi kit (both of them) is patched to not need the accelerometers.

I've done a bit of work with this equipment and have some useful information here: Shooting Gallery: Sega Type-II IR on a 108" front projection setup.

...one of these days I'll get around to actually completing that.

The biggest problem is that your Lost world monitor is likely Medium resolution and the lowest res you can play HOTD4 at is 640x480.

The gun tracking hardware and the gun board is the same so those guns should work with HOTD4 for pointing and shooting, however HOTD4 guns have an accelerometer in them to detect "shaking" which is part of the game, and that's something the lost world guns don't have.

you can pickup a Multi kit for that Lindbergh (Mitsu sells one, and there is a different one floating around) though and play the few other Lindbergh shooters (Lets Go Jungle, 2Spicy, Rambo), the HOTD4 version on the multi kit (both of them) is patched to not need the accelerometers.

I've done a bit of work with this equipment and have some useful information here: Shooting Gallery: Sega Type-II IR on a 108" front projection setup.

...one of these days I'll get around to actually completing that.
Just wondering, what does the hacked game do at the points where the accelerometers are needed? Does it just skip those parts? If you used the official guns with the hacked version would the accelerometers work?

Just wondering, what does the hacked game do at the points where the accelerometers are needed? Does it just skip those parts? If you used the official guns with the hacked version would the accelerometers work?
The game requires shaking to reload, so it'd be impossible to remove those sections.
I believe it just spoofs the accelerometer movement using the gun position. but you may want to ask Mitsu, he'd know better than me.

There are two versions. I believe one is off screen reload and the other reloads via a button press. So perfect for the shotguns that reload via the pump action.

I can confirm once I return back to Ohio.

Does the multi have an unmodified version so you have to shake to reload?

Last edited:
Nice...didn't even realize the guys here did a kit. :D Durr... what's the cost on that?

Back