What's new
J

jassin000

So Taito no longer sells the 2J14B "two player" panel kits.
This has been true since homeboy Derick cleaned out the stock about a year ago. ;)

Yugo (Taito parts contact) has come thru with some parts to basically construct a "official" panel.
Adding to the overall cost when compared to the kit version unfortunately (insert conspiracy theory here).

Special thanks to Ian who informed me about the joystick mounting brackets NOT being included with the panel.
PBwu7nQ.jpg

I needed some official (1153) locks for my Diamond as well, above all the parts to assemble the panel.

1x Mounting plate
1x Diamond overlay
2x Joystick mounts

Before applying the overlay I wiped the surface of the plate down with IPA and let it dry fully.
I wore gloves when I peeled the backing off, NOT getting any arm/hand hairs stuck to the adhesive is KEY!

The cut from the factory on the OL isn't a 100% match, its slightly larger to allow for some shifting/accommodation.
I applied it more based on the overall edge of the panel, rather than button placement per say... But everything lines up. :)

I ordered the buttons and sticks from FocusAttack, I didn't snap any pictures of installation...
I think everyone here has at least done some buttons/sticks before hehe.
kXirR2z.jpg

0NsbGQu.jpg

J1Iqauh.jpg

Super nice
did you use soapy water when applying the overlay?

is it slightly misaligned or is that just me?

This has been true since homeboy Derick cleaned out the stock about a year ago.
Guilty as charged, as soon as I found out the limited stock and that they were not making any more kits I had to get mine :D

Looks awesome man!

Last edited:
is it slightly misaligned
Left hand side creeps upwards slightly, but I swear to you... I have the official Vewlix F 2P14B kit, it's also "misaligned" in a similar way. ;)

Red = Gap at top Blue = no Gap at bottom Green = no Gap at top Yellow = Gap at bottom
kOoQXnl.jpg

I could intentionally angle it and walk away with something better than what Shadaloo is selling. :P
Super nice
did you use soapy water when applying the overlay?
Thanks, I did not use anything to apply the overlay no.

I left the plate mounted to the styrofoam, put on gloves, wiped it down with IPA until it made that "squeak" sound (aka super clean).
Peeled the backing off the right edge, visually aligned the right edge and tacked it down lightly (incase I needed to rip it back off).
Peeled the remaining backing off, visually aligned the left side tacked it down.

Smooth from the center to the outside edge to push out any air pockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any where else to get a mounting plate for a Vewlix panel?

At one point I thought Jasen Hicks was going to do a run of them, but I'm unsure if anything came of that.

The only other place I know of to get a panel is Shadaloo, and if you haven't seen this yet...
Yea, I would really think twice about going with anyone but Taito Tech direct.

Yeah I wouldn't buy from Shadaloo. I just need the joystick mount plate. Im cool with Taito Tech and have been buying stuff from them even before Yugo was the contact. Its just such a pain with the bank transfer and fees unless I'm going to buy more. If anyone has a joystick mounting plate for a 1 player Vewlix panel hit me up.

Attachments

• PBwu7nQ.jpg
    PBwu7nQ.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 272
Hi this is my dream cab very nice built, but not sure about size.
Would you mind to let me the measurements?
Where did you print or get those 100yen insert coin stickers?

Is there any where else to get a mounting plate for a Vewlix panel?
you could buy a chinese panel, peel off the chinese overlay and put a real taito one down. i believe the chinese panels are very close. they at least fit the mount holes on the cabinet.

Oh I have a legit single player F panel. I just need the mounting bracket. Like a S bracket that is beneath a Vewlix panel.

Back