What's new

willkaotix

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a friend with a razing storm machine that suddenly is showing this error.
When turned on it comes up blank for a long time then just shows the 80022c81 error. Sounds alot like hard drive has failed. Anyone familiar with this error or have a way of reimaging a drive as I am sure going through namco will be expensive when its just a damn $20 hard drive.
Also as a side note is there a way to clone a working drive? I have tried with selfimage but no luck.
Thanks.

Are you using an EXACT SAME HDD model as the original?

Are you using an EXACT SAME HDD model as the original?
I will have to check again, game is back together. It was very close if different, maybe had a minor revision difference.
But it would be nice to not have to hunt down an old 80gb drive. Can this system not be freely cloned? would be nice to move on to ssd.

No. The HDD serial, etc. is part of the security on 357 and 369.

No. The HDD serial, etc. is part of the security on 357 and 369.
So this program cant change the serial of the drive anyway then can it?
Opened the game up again and took a pic of the drive, there is not a single one of them on ebay anyway.
So are people going to be just SOL with these systems from a simple hard drive fail until someone hacks the security?

Just think of the old xbox eeprom kinda the same thing
I remember being able to softmod my xbox and swap the hard drive for any size.
Whatever you are referencing is not something I ever had to deal with. Could also just be beyond the scope of my memory too.

It's been hacked already but the guy selling the kits charges like $450 per game. He hacked them to where you can run 357 games on 369 and vice versa. It's a different kit to go either way though.

It's been hacked already but the guy selling the kits charges like $450 per game. He hacked them to where you can run 357 games on 369 and vice versa. It's a different kit to go either way though.
if its the guy im think i didnt think he ever finished it. well not to a usable state.

Whats the drives model number might have one handy. Also if the drives are very close to being the same a control board swap might be an option

$450 for a replacement hard drive? Thats really lame.
I guess I need to make a backup of all the different namco games I have and deal with it whenever I have a drive fail.
I have tried the pcb swap for max tune 3 but it didnt work. But then again that was using selfimage, if this raw copy program is a better tool I should try again. Does someone know that max tune 3 can be cloned that way?
Better yet someone have hacked yet so I can update to 3dx+?

I used the hddguru to raw image my 246 fates warning hdd and transferred to a 250gb and it worked great.Then again all the security is on the dongle. so idk

Back