What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Over the last few months my dad has been having health issues. He was in the hospital for three weeks but recently had been doing well and even was working again.

I came back into town for the first time since my move for Thanksgiving. Wednesday and Thursday he was ok. He wasn't eating much lately and sort of being hard-headed about his meds but he was ok and even worked Friday.

Friday night he had more trouble than usual getting around and I began worrying what would happen once I left. Yesterday he began seeing things and he wasn't making sense when he talked. He didn't want to go but we forced him to go back to the hospital.

Early this morning, as I was packing my car to leave, the doctor called us and gave us bad news. My dad's condition is not survivable. Needless to say we are all in shock. We are trying to keep him comfortable but it is now inevitable. His grandchildren have come by and said their goodbyes. My brother is on his way from DC. Last rights have been given.

Needless to say I will not be returning to Ohio right now. I'm not sure when I will. There are a few of you waiting for me to return to ship things out to you. I apologize but I promise I will ship them out ASAP.

It may sound cliché but it's true. Life is short. Life is unpredictable. Tell the people in your life you love them. Tell everyone. We are nothing without our relationships. There is no reason to hate. Don't hold grudges. It's not worth it. I love this community and the relationships I've made because of this hobby.

My dad gave me my first two arcade games when I was in middle school. Without him wanting to make his video game crazed son happy my life could be very different and maybe even these forums wouldn't exist.

Keep us in your prayers, please.

I'm sorry that your father is ill. Hope you and your family can spend time with your father and comfort him. It's never easy but like you said life is too short for grudges and hatred.

Take care man.

Sorry to hear man. Stay strong and you are doing the right thing by keeping family first.

2016 has been my personal year from hell, sounds pretty bad for allot of other people too... I'm sorry to hear this news. :(

oof. so so sorry MW. glad you were able to stay in town; I'm sure it was hard but you'll be thankful you were there. best wishes to you and your family. stay with them for a while and get some solace

I am sorry for your loss. My most heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family.

Back