What's new
"dinomax" Is Tech speaking an undumped title, its one of the many missing games. So the keys, and setup could be different as the base image, hasn't been documented for that game.

Can you upload your registry file so I can take a look at it?

So I did the following:
  • Re-flashed drive with Dinomax image to SATA SSD drive
  • Created new 3rd partition titled "GAMES", drive letter G:
  • Copied the games to GAMES partition (copied a couple of shmups like Raiden III & IV)
  • Copied Niko's multi files to both C: and D: partitions
  • Removed "TypeXsys" directory
  • Created new "Shell" Registry entry in: HKLM\X1\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    • which points to: %SYSTEMROOT%\TypeXmulti\assets\ttsxhell.exe
This results in the following error message:
IMG_5504.JPG
"%SYSTEMROOT%" should be "%SYSTEMDRIVE%". Or just hardcode it to "C:\TypeXmulti\assets\ttxshell.exe".

Also you might try renaming the real "ttxshell.exe" in the C:\Windows, to something like "ttxshell.bak".

I'll upload my registry tonight when I get home.

Also you might try renaming the real "ttxshell.exe" in the C:\Windows, to something like "ttxshell.bak".
I had completely removed the "TypeXsys" directory, that should have taken care of the original "ttxshell.exe" no?

I'll upload my registry tonight when I get home.

I had completely removed the "TypeXsys" directory, that should have taken care of the original "ttxshell.exe" no?
Nope, the real ttxshell.exe is in "C:\Windows", the launcher and game container are whats in "C:\TypeXsys".

Ah ok. I'll try that too.

Thank you guys for your help!

So I made two change:
Edited the path in the Registry to be the explicit path: "C:\TypeXmulti\assets\ttxshell.exe"

and renamed:
C:\Windows\system32\Ttxshell.exe
to
C:\Windows\system32\Ttxshell.bak

And we have....
IMG_5505.JPG

Woohoo!

Attachments

• IMG_5506.JPG
    IMG_5506.JPG
    693 KB · Views: 343
Almost like the X line of arcade machines are pcs, and will run anything that was designed to run on windows :)

It should also be capbie of running my theme vertically, although id suspect performance would be awful on an ide channel socket 487 cpu

So I made two change:
Edited the path in the Registry to be the explicit path: "C:\TypeXmulti\assets\ttxshell.exe"

and renamed:
C:\Windows\system32\Ttxshell.exe
to
C:\Windows\system32\Ttxshell.bak

And we have....
IMG_5505.JPG

Woohoo!
I need this LOL , especially for TGM3 purposes

@jugu any chance you can share that Dinomax image since it is undumped ?

If you share it it can be submitted to MAME for posterity.

I made a Type X multi years ago based on KOF 98.

Yes I can upload the Dinomax image. Will do so tonight and share a link.

Yes I can upload the Dinomax image. Will do so tonight and share a link.
Nice, if you could supply a picture of the lid and hard disk type that would be sweet as well!

I actually have a TX choice multi hdd and would like to get kof 98 UM running on it.. only issue is needing a PS/2 Keyboard to choose the game... any way around that or is there any solution to just using the jamma video feed from the TTX to be able to play it properly? was getting issues with the niko modified multi that @jugu provided

I actually have a TX choice multi hdd and would like to get kof 98 UM running on it.. only issue is needing a PS/2 Keyboard to choose the game... any way around that or is there any solution to just using the jamma video feed from the TTX to be able to play it properly? was getting issues with the niko modified multi that @jugu provided
What where the issues you where experiencing?

What where the issues you where experiencing?
When using the one Jugu had made the resolution was heavily discolored when connected to the TTX via the 31khz slot.. the games also didn't boot or would hang..

My TX choice multi image file works fine but the only problem is you need to have a PS/2 keyboard to select a game which is heavily inconvenient

anyone knows if that 9600se has a custom bios?
in my x1 was original a 9600gt, with a 9600se i get a error msg when starting Multi menue....with the original 9600gt the error msg appears, too...

in my x1 was original a 9600gt, with a 9600se i get a error msg when starting Multi menue....with the original 9600gt the error msg appears, too...
interested to find out that as well, will any off the shelf 9600SE/GT work? Or does it have custom BIOS like TTX2?

muti dosent care bout gpu bios so that means the base driver on the os is whats wrong, and dosent work for the GT model.
just make your own multi off a known working game. or find and install the correct driver version for that card

Back