What's new
With the curtesy of Jugu, I downloaded his Type X multi image on a Taito Type X+ .
It boots up the OS, I see the blue-isch background color + mouse pointer appear. A dos-box pops up - can't entirely read what is in the title screen, but for sure it's the typexmulti\assets\something folder, and get the error :

"Could not read DIPS"

Seems like a custom message from the multi? This TypeX+ does not have any dip switches though. Any ideas?

btw: I didn't connect the JVS yet (I don't have them here atm.)

With the curtesy of Jugu, I downloaded his Type X multi image on a Taito Type X+ .
It boots up the OS, I see the blue-isch background color + mouse pointer appear. A dos-box pops up - can't entirely read what is in the title screen, but for sure it's the typexmulti\assets\something folder, and get the error :

"Could not read DIPS"

Seems like a custom message from the multi? This TypeX+ does not have any dip switches though. Any ideas?

btw: I didn't connect the JVS yet (I don't have them here atm.)
There should be a a card in the back of the TypeX+ with a JVS port and a pair of dips, the dips are sometimes covered by a black piece of plastic. Make sure the card is plugged into the COM header on the motherboard.

The multi throws that error when it doesn't get a valid JVS response from that card.

Check! Opened up the lid and confirmed that after the black plastic plate are the dip switches :thumbsup:
Now trying to brute force it off, the plastic plate is quite stuck.

Thanks @Niko

You shouldn't need to remove the cover, just make sure that the card is plugged into two ports on the motherboard (one for COM and the other are the front panel pins)

Was good to see the dips anyway.
But I double checked the connection plugged into the motherboard and all 3 are firmly on the motherboard. Pressed all of them and try again, same issue.

Tonight I wil try to see if the cables used are still OK.

Hmm, all connectors seem to be OK. They are connected properly.
Am I correct that the DIP connector is the middle one and goes directly down, next to the cardslot?

Message remains the same "Could not read DIPS!", trying to boil down where the issue might be.

@waiwainl Negative. The middle connector is the SPDIF connector. That is connected correctly.
The COM2 port with Dips is the 9pin header at the top in the first picture.
You want that plugged into the COM2 labelled port connection, between PCI 1&2.
The 12 pin header plugs into the front panel connector.

2018-11-22_13-41-59.jpg

Last edited:
Back