What's new
Question... I have an LCD TV that is very old... 42" commercial display that isn't actually HDTV... it's pre-HDTV, but it accepts my computers signal up to 720x480 I think it is. Could I use that LCD TV to test out this unit?

I just checked the boxes out... they include EVERYTHING...even the LED array still attached to the "bezel" pieces. Guns. Everything.

If I can mount the LED array around the LCD TV, I shouldn't have a problem testing the game out completely I suspect?
Correct.

Resolution of the TV depends on the game. HOTD4 resolution: depends on the cabinet the game was used for. Lindbergh games are picky but if your LCD TV dynamically adjusts resolution you have a high chance of showing the display.

What resolution does the Lindbergh output?
it varies depending on the game... the "low" resolution games on this are 640x480. and I believe the high end is 1366x768. some games support multiple resolution modes and they can be set on the dip-switches (dipswitch settings here: http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Lindbergh)

it's designed to be attached to an LCD. any modern computer monitor with a VGA input should hook right up and work.

Evidently I CAN use this TV (at least I can through the Error 11 No JVC I/O hooked up to mainboard message I got). I only have the main board + PS hooked up right now. When I get home later today I'll try to hook up the JVC I/O and go from there...

OK... I guess I am going to need some advice here...

I am trying to test the mainboard... I just want the game to come up. I keep getting stuck at the ERROR 11 - No JVS I/O connected to mainboard. I figured to fix that issue Id simply plug the USB cable I found in the box from the I/O board to the mainboard where it's labeled JVS I/O... but I am getting the same error. Does the I/O need external power supplied? If so, which connection does that come from by chance?

Perhaps I need to have other things plugged in to the JVS I/O for it to recognize that it's there?

When plugged in, there are NO leds coming up on the I/O ... I'd assume there should be one? I did find what appears to be a tiny LED (marked LED).

Also, I assume the coin-battery is dead as it comes up initally with a BIOS error and resets the system clock... when I power down then on again it will get past that point and continue loading until I get to the JVS error mentioned above. Are there some settings that I'd need to change in the BIOS for this to boot by chance?

Again, I'm really just trying to get the mainboard up and running to make sure it's operating as it's supposed to.

The manual pretty much stinks... anyone know of a resource I could look at that would help me with wiring this up?

Thanks!

Yes the IO has to be powered externally.

Yup... I figured that out...

Muahahahaha...

WORKING1.jpg

Anyone know what kind of distance I can get with the guns? If I were to set this thing up on the TV you see above, the TV is behind my Rush the Rock & Outrun 2 cabinets... so i'd have to stand approximately 6 feet or so away to play it "over" the driver games... doable?

OK... I guess I am going to need some advice here...

I am trying to test the mainboard... I just want the game to come up. I keep getting stuck at the ERROR 11 - No JVS I/O connected to mainboard. I figured to fix that issue Id simply plug the USB cable I found in the box from the I/O board to the mainboard where it's labeled JVS I/O... but I am getting the same error. Does the I/O need external power supplied? If so, which connection does that come from by chance?

Perhaps I need to have other things plugged in to the JVS I/O for it to recognize that it's there?

When plugged in, there are NO leds coming up on the I/O ... I'd assume there should be one? I did find what appears to be a tiny LED (marked LED).

Also, I assume the coin-battery is dead as it comes up initally with a BIOS error and resets the system clock... when I power down then on again it will get past that point and continue loading until I get to the JVS error mentioned above. Are there some settings that I'd need to change in the BIOS for this to boot by chance?

Again, I'm really just trying to get the mainboard up and running to make sure it's operating as it's supposed to.

The manual pretty much stinks... anyone know of a resource I could look at that would help me with wiring this up?

Thanks!
try this

Anyone know what kind of distance I can get with the guns? If I were to set this thing up on the TV you see above, the TV is behind my Rush the Rock & Outrun 2 cabinets... so i'd have to stand approximately 6 feet or so away to play it "over" the driver games... doable?
easiest way to test the distance is to calibrate the guns in test mode.

I have a way to go before I can do that.... i only have the mainboard up and running. I figured I'd ask about the distance before determining if I want to bother installing the LEDs, sound board, etc, etc...

At this point things are just sitting on top of my Rush the Rock cabinet. If I am going to go through the work of installing everything I'll probably want to do so on a piece of plywood or some such thing to make moving the game simple, etc...

HOWEVER, a member has made a very good offer on the whole shebang... but man, after watching the attract I sort of want to keep the damn thing. I just wish I had an actual cabinet (and the ROOM) to install this thing in to.

I am thinking back to the not one but TWO showcase cabinets I've flipped in the last 2 years that would be PERFECT for this... however, of course, there is the whole room issue... which wouldn't be a huge deal if the guns would work at a good distance... I'd just have to come up with a nifty way of mounting the game system that isn't completely ghetto...

:D

Hmmm... another option would be to rotate my Police 911 monitor (I have a Tri-Res in there)... naw... too much work.

If only I had more room.

>sigh<

large distances should be fine. I tested mine out around 10-12ft without any issues.

it's SHORT distances that might cause problems as the gun needs to see LEDs on both the top and bottom edges of the screen in order to track position.

If you pickup a multi kit for that hardware you definitely wont want to sell it there are a few great gun games for that hardware:
In addition to House of the Dead 4 there is House of the Dead Ex, 2 Spicy, Lets go Jungle, Ghost Squad Evolution, Primeval Hunt and Rambo

Back