What's new

KalessinDB

Grand Master
Reaction score
I got a spare A-Board months ago as part of a group buy. Honestly I'm not sure if I ever tested it when it came in, but once I got my multi board I was planning to dedicate it to the multi board permanently and use my other one for the handful of normal boards I have. Problem being when I plug it in, I get no response from it. The fan starts up (amusingly enough, it doesn't in my other board but that's okay, it's not sitting in a cabinet running 24/7 so I'm not worried about it overheating) but that's it. No audio, no video.

Anyone have a starting point for me to begin to diagnose/fix what's wrong? I'm not exactly great with electronics, but I can follow directions easily enough and I have friends who are a touch more experienced than I am that can be bought off with beer or cookies.

I got a spare A-Board months ago as part of a group buy. Honestly I'm not sure if I ever tested it when it came in, but once I got my multi board I was planning to dedicate it to the multi board permanently and use my other one for the handful of normal boards I have. Problem being when I plug it in, I get no response from it. The fan starts up (amusingly enough, it doesn't in my other board but that's okay, it's not sitting in a cabinet running 24/7 so I'm not worried about it overheating) but that's it. No audio, no video.

Anyone have a starting point for me to begin to diagnose/fix what's wrong? I'm not exactly great with electronics, but I can follow directions easily enough and I have friends who are a touch more experienced than I am that can be bought off with beer or cookies.
I think you should start by replace + test procedure. Take that A Board to another known-to-work B Board and check if it works there.

I think you should start by replace + test procedure. Take that A Board to another known-to-work B Board and check if it works there.
I neglected to mention - yes, the A board has been tested with known working B boards as well as your multi board.

Back